Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very excited to recieve this. then,..

... it didn't fit on the body Arrggg!

Amazon.com : Camera Adapter Ring Tube Lens Adapter Ring for Pentax K Pk Mount Lens Adapter to Pentax Q Camera with Tripod Mount : Camera & Photo

07-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Never heard of that. Though if you return it I would get one with an aperture ring instead.
07-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #3

I bought one from eBay and found the same thing, it just wouldn't mount on the Q10...so, I took a close look at it and saw a small screw in the mounting flange on the Q side of the adapter.

I removed this little screw and the adapter would now fit into the Q10 without any problem....

Was much cheaper than trying to send the thing back all the way to China only to find out it was made that way...

I guess their tolerances are just a bit out of whack with the Q mount to sometimes make things not fit quite properly....

Good luck!
07-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #4

Sorry to hear that. Seem like Rick_B might have a solution though. I recently purchased the Fotodiox version for my Q10 and it seems to work quite well. It was for a Minolta mount. I'm now tempted to pick up the Pentax mount version to try with some of my M and A version primes.

07-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I started to get the adapter on this thread, then cancelled my order from Amazon. I had been hesitant about spending the considerable extra amount for the genuine Pentax version, but I went ahead and got one from Adorama (through Amazon). It seems to be a well made unit, and works smoothly with my K-mount lenses.
08-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rick_B Quote
I bought one from eBay and found the same thing, it just wouldn't mount on the Q10...so, I took a close look at it and saw a small screw in the mounting flange on the Q side of the adapter.

I removed this little screw and the adapter would now fit into the Q10 without any problem....

Was much cheaper than trying to send the thing back all the way to China only to find out it was made that way...

I guess their tolerances are just a bit out of whack with the Q mount to sometimes make things not fit quite properly....

Good luck!
That was the ticket. I can't figure out what the screw was there for in the first place.
08-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
Inactive Account

That little screw is on all the lenses and adapters with metal mounts. It's missing on the plastic mount toy lenses. That's all I gotta say about that!

08-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
That little screw is on all the lenses and adapters with metal mounts. It's missing on the plastic mount toy lenses. That's all I gotta say about that!
I still don't get it.
08-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Never heard of that. Though if you return it I would get one with an aperture ring instead.
Didi that. Over a week ago. Just got a msg from the place I bought it from. They forgot to ship it. The msg also stated that they're now out of stock. Did I mention, "Arrggg!"