Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

No more individual colors for Q?

Hey everybody,

after my girlfriend just saw the Q7 that a friend of ours bought (because I told them of Pentax, harr harr), she was interested in seeing the various color combinations that are available and maybe getting one... But lo and behold, I could not find any customize option in any of the webshops anymore!

Do you know whether Pentax "gave up" on the coloring thing? Market not big enough? Is it temporary? Or am I just too stupid to find the correct website (i tried Austria, Germany, Japan, US...) ?

HELP!

07-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check B&H Photo's website. Tons of color combos.
07-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's the color simulator from the Ricoh Imaging Japan Site. At the top of the color selector box on the right you choose Body / Grip / 02 Zoom lens / 01 Prime lens at the top and then select your colors. The preview changes as you go.

DK whether you can actually order a custom camera since the "Order Color" link is dead. Maybe there is a Q7 replacement in the wings.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-29-2014 at 11:34 AM.
07-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Here's the color simulator from the Ricoh Imaging Japan Site.
While you can still access that page, if you go through the front door via the link below, the Pentax site indicates that the color selection option is no longer available.

Color Variation?Q7 | RICOH IMAGING

Denny

07-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think the custom color options were discontinued a few weeks ago. Perhaps something new is around the corner!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adorama and B&H still show some color options, if you are lucky what you need will be in stock.
07-29-2014, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Perhaps something new is around the corner!
Adam, I can guarantee you that Pentax is coming our with something new in the Q series. How do I know?? About 2 months after I bought my istDS they came out with the K-100. One month after buying my K-5 they came out with the K-5iis. About 2 months after buying my K-5iis they came out with the K-3. I took delivery on my Q7 last week so…….

By the way, for the first time in several months I washed my car last Thursday and you saw what happened out here in Phoenix on Friday.

Denny

07-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You guys rock! Thanks for the fast answer.
I gave her the link for the color simulator to find out what she is into, and will then wait for a new release... hopefully I know what she wants and hopefully Pentax has a new line out for Christmas
07-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
hopefully I know what she wants and hopefully Pentax has a new line out for Christmas
You are a thoughtful (but devious) boyfriend.
07-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are a thoughtful (but devious) boyfriend.
Thanks
I always think a present should be something the other person secretly wants but would never buy for themselves.
So it's either gonna be a camera ("I don't need one, I have that point-and-shoot, and I don't even use that one enough...") or it's gonna be a kindle or tablet ("I can borrow those from relatives if I need them e.g. for vacation").
07-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
Thanks
I always think a present should be something the other person secretly wants but would never buy for themselves.
Lucky girl. It took me years to learn to pay attention.
07-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lucky girl. It took me years to learn to pay attention.
Haha - the learning never stops. Who can really ever understand them...
07-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Adam, I can guarantee you that Pentax is coming our with something new in the Q series. How do I know?? About 2 months after I bought my istDS they came out with the K-100. One month after buying my K-5 they came out with the K-5iis. About 2 months after buying my K-5iis they came out with the K-3. I took delivery on my Q7 last week so…….

Denny
HA! HA!! HA!!! Did I call it or what!!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/269216-upcoming-pentax-q2-mi...ss-camera.html

Denny
07-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Yes now please buy a K-3 (if you don't already own one, in which case your track record will be in question.)