Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Lens for the Q Series

Talk about a new lens for the Q series

Ricoh preps tele macro prime and zoom for Q-mount, and… 7mm prime for Four Thirds??

Denny

08-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See this thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/268421-patent-4-4mm-f1-4-a.html
and this one? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/270435-ricoh-files-...-3-design.html
08-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
So, are Ricoh gonna jump on the m-4/3 bandwagon? Is that their mirrorless agenda?
08-20-2014, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I’m more interested in the 45mm, f1.8 tele lens for the Q. That would be great for head shots.

Last week I was doing some product shots for a client when his HR mangler poked her head in and asked me if I could take a few head shots of several new employees to be used on their business cards and God only knows what else. While I was doing the product shots with my K-5IIs, I had not brought a tele lens for head shots because nobody told me that was a possibility. However….. in my bag I had stuck my Q7 with the 06 Zoom. I pulled the company’s SD card out of my K-5IIs and put it into the Q7 ( since the products are not yet released they do not allow me out of the building with their SD card) and took several dozen head shots of these unprepared employees at wide open aperture. They turned out pretty good and the check that I picked up more than paid for the 06 lens.

Denny

08-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
I’m more interested in the 45mm, f1.8 tele lens for the Q. That would be great for head shots.

Last week I was doing some product shots for a client when his HR mangler poked her head in and asked me if I could take a few head shots of several new employees to be used on their business cards and God only knows what else. While I was doing the product shots with my K-5IIs, I had not brought a tele lens for head shots because nobody told me that was a possibility. However….. in my bag I had stuck my Q7 with the 06 Zoom. I pulled the company’s SD card out of my K-5IIs and put it into the Q7 ( since the products are not yet released they do not allow me out of the building with their SD card) and took several dozen head shots of these unprepared employees at wide open aperture. They turned out pretty good and the check that I picked up more than paid for the 06 lens.

Denny
Great story!