Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adapter Q shutter not firing with FA 50mm?

I can hear the shutter fire when I mount the 01 Prime but when I mount the FA 50mm with the Adapter Q I hear nothing. With my ear next to adapter I hear nothing.

09-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Does it expose properly? As long as you have the latest firmware for the Q it should work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ahhh, copy...
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
latest firmware
I've been a bit paranoid about upgrading the firmware on my Km (don't even know if an update is available for this one), K30, or Q after reading a few horror stories recently. None of my bodies are still under warranty. I'm above average computer literate (I roll my own workstations), but the bricking stories have me a tiny bit spooked.

Okay, not so much "tiny bit spooked" more like horribly terrified.
09-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Having the latest firmware is often the key to reliable performance. Do not be deterred by a few problem stories. As long as you carefully follow the directions the odds of having a problem are very low. Many of us wait a few days after new fw is released to see if problems are reported before we install the new firmware. If you do not update firmware you often will not have the full benefit of your camera.

09-21-2014, 08:18 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Adapter Q shutter is easy to hear if it is working.
If you have the needed firmware check the following:
Shutter speed below 1/1000?
Menu setting to use leaf shutter on?

If you still can't hear the leaf shutter you may have a bad one.