Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #1

Need a replacement screen cover!

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey everyone,

So I have my old Pentax Q and the plastic screen protector part got a terrible gouge in it recently. I've looked online here and there but can't seem to find a suitable replacement for it. Does anyone have a lead on where I can get something that'll fit in place of the old screen cover? It doesn't have to be like 100% accurate but I'd like it to at least cover the actual LCD and be ridged enough to take some wear and tear from normal use. Thanks in advance guys, and keep shooting!

10-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Cut down any cell phone screen saver, works well for me.
10-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
Perhaps I wasn't descriptive enough, my apologies. What I need is like the actual hard plastic that comes attached to the camera when you buy it. If you pry it up you'd be leaving the actual LCD glass exposed, like an old Game Boy.
10-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, can't help with that! Good luck

10-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #5

I did a Google search and ended up back at this site

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/232065-broken-lcd-glass-my-aerial-q.html

It seems you can order them from Pentax and they are not too expensive.

Hope this helps.
10-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Heh, that's my injured Q!

FYI - after placing my order I never received my replacement glass from Pentax (but wasn't charged either). It was like pulling teeth even to try to actually talk to someone or even get an email reply!
In the end I gave up - THANKS FOR NOTHING PENTAX!! I hope I NEVER have to deal with so called "Customer Service" AGAIN - NEVER AGAIN!

What I did do is order one of these:

I applied this glass cover over the cracked Q lcd glass and covered that with a plastic film - it's in this way that my Q will live out it's days!

Anyway this might be more along what you're looking for.
GGS LCD Screen Protector Rigid Optical Glass 3 0" inch for Camera DC DV DSLR Etc | eBay
http://www.amazon.com/GGS-Glass-Screen-Protector-Camera/dp/B007E3KZK6
10-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #7

Original Poster
I appreciate all the help guys. Digital, I actually bought one of those to try it out but it was slightly too big vertically and not big enough horizontally. I got out the old Dremel and tried to at least get it down to the vertical but alas after applying it it to is now cracked :/ seems like the universe is trying to force my hand on getting a Q-S1. I'll try to contact Pentax but after seeing what you went through I won't hold my breath. Least I've still got my GR to bring around instead so I'm not really complaining ;D

10-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #8
Inactive Account

How 'bout this one, looks to be an exact fit: JJC LCP Q7 Hard Polycarbonate LCD Film Screen Protector Cover for Pentax Q7 Q10 | eBay
10-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #9

Original Poster
Unfortunately that's a film one not a hard one, but thanks for looking, Digital. I actually fixed it by sanding it out from 320 grit through 2500 and then using car headlight polish to finish it off. It actually came out really nice. Seems the only thing I was able to do since replacing it took way more effort :/ oh wells you live and you learn!