Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone tried the Wollensak 6.5mm f/1.8?

I searched the Adapted Lenses thread but didn't find any posts. I'm wondering about vignetting.

I have a Walz 6.5mm f/1.9 that has some severe vignetting on my Q7 (haven't tried it on the Q). But I think it might be due to the particular flange on this lens. I'm hoping the Wollensak, or some other 6mm-ish lens, doesn't vignette so severely.

Thanks.

01-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Is that the D mount Raptar? I've yet to find anything that wide in 8mm D that doesn't vignette on the regular Q and even worse on the Q7. You might have more success with C mount CCTV or 16mm lenses. I think there's even a Pentax-branded CCTV lens in that length/aperture combo.
Yes, the one I'm eyeing is a D mount Raptar. I had and sold a C mount CCTV lens. Didn't quite like it.

I don't might a bit of vignette, but the Walz I have is pretty ridiculous.

01-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
Yes, the one I'm eyeing is a D mount Raptar. I had and sold a C mount CCTV lens. Didn't quite like it.
I don't might a bit of vignette, but the Walz I have is pretty ridiculous.
When I bought my Q7 last month, I also bought a Wollensak 6.5mm f/1.9 D-mount lens to play with, but so far most of my adventuring has been with super-telephoto pictures of birds.

So, when I saw your question, I tried to take a picture of our younger cat Leila, which wasn't easy because she knows she isn't supposed to be on the dining room table where I found her. I'm not very good at focusing this lens, but here are the two pictures I was able to coax Leila into. The first is without the hood that came with the lens, and the second is with the hood. I have to admit that I kind of like the slight vignetting effect as a variant of what we usually get. (these pictures are exactly as taken, no post-processing applied, because I wanted to get an answer to you quickly).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
01-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the pics. Your Wollensak doesn't seem as bad as my Walz. I might just pull the trigger on it.