Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-25-2015, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Q Sure Has Made An Impact....

I had one of those weird dreams I have where I am on vacation with my late Mom and my Dad. As usual the ocean was involved and either Japanese and Chinese food. (This dream it was Japanese.) My parents go off to do their own thing and I'm running around looking for the extra batteries for my Q and I can't find them which is something that would never happen in real life as anal as I am about packing my gear bag. I'm looking out the back door to my room and high tide is coming in and it's almost obscuring a wonderful view of a boat graveyard and this pretty wooden fishing boat that I can just see under the waves. I want to get a pic or two of it but I'm not sure how much battery I have left. I'm tossing my bag looking all over, wasting light. It turns out I am okay and I shoot that and then I walk on this wooden walk with rails around to a human graveyard and shoot a waterfall with rainbows which looks like it is in back of an old church but which is actually falling from the sky somewhere and not a cliff or something normal.

I then walk around the other side and there's the statue of Pazuzu from the Exorcist only he's not looking very demonic he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt and he's got flower leis all over him and some kind of rum punch in one hand. Of course I have to take a pic of THAT, so I do. I then head back inside into the hotel lobby because I want to take pics of all the little critters in tanks that they have there but when I walk in a black cat that looks just like my Lily is in one tank and the little gerbil that was in there before is gone and she's looking all smug. I pick her her up and I'm trying not to laugh, because it's just awful that she's gotten in there and eaten their gerbil, but I just can't be mad at her for being a CAT. The desk clerk he's mad at her though so I ask if I can take her up to my room for a while. He says "You can take the little brat HOME if you want! That's the fifth gerbil she's eaten this year." and so I decide I am going to do that and he sends up a cat carrier and food and a cat box for her to use until we leave and she's now MY cat.

I then grab my Q again and start taking pics of her just to commemorate the occasion and suddenly there's this BOOM from outside. I look out but I can't tell what it was. I duly note though that it's getting dark and I can't see the submerged boat anymore because it's now almost high tide. Kali, for that's what I decide to name her, she and I curl up on the bed with the Q and review pics and then the dream ends with us taking a nap. Clearly the Q has made an impression on my subconscious if I am carrying it IN MY DREAMS. I just wish I could take pics of that kind of thing. My dream time it's always so much more interesting than my real life, sigh...

05-25-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanx so much for sharing this surreal Q dream! Does anything like this happen on SoCaNikon forums, I mean that anybody would be willing to share such a story? Well, maybe it does, but something tells me Pentaxians do remain a rather special user community ...
05-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well, it's not the first time one of my cameras has shown up in my dreams. I'm pretty obsessed with taking photographs and I guess that bleeds over into my subconscious and into my dreams a lot? I hardly ever dream "normal" stuff though. My dreams they're very Alice in Wonderland Meets Clive Barker. They're nearly always bizarre and sometimes even scary. I mean holy crap, Pazuzu? WTH was HE doing rattling around in my head late at night dressed like Hawkeye Pierce at a luau? I mean I may be on vacation with my late Mom and Dad but there's always some weird twist. Like Mom's walking around eating dim sum or almond cookies, but at the same time she's falling to pieces like that guy in American Werewolf or something. Sometimes I wish there was a camera that could record your dreams. The stuff my subconscious comes up with it would be amusing and gallery worthy, for sure...
05-27-2015, 03:46 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I had one of those weird dreams ...
nice style, probably goes on more than we realise

05-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #5

i found a som berthiot "hupan" d-mount zoom on ebay and got it for more than reasonable price. while waiting for it i had a camera dream and the lens was made of solid glass. it was really quite beautiful in the dream. to end the story im in the process of cleaning it up. the zoom was near frozen and focus stiff beyond usable. fortunately the first cine zooms were very simple designs.