Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beattie Intenscreen RIP?

I was very disturbed to find that the public face of Beattie Intenscreen (long-time makers of superb quality third-party focus screens) at camerascreens.com now indicates that they are no longer in business. This appears to be a fairly recent development in that a 26 September 2015 crawl by web.archive.org showed a fully operational Web site offering a full range of product. In addition, a recent thread on this site featured a link to a product page that apparently was recently live.

Beattie Intenscreen Bright Focusing Screens

https://web.archive.org/web/20150524073548/http://www.camerascreens.com/index.php

If Beattie truly has ceased operation, this is a sad time in photographic history. Beattie screens have long been a high-performance focus screen option for professionals. Although support has been limited in recent years to film camera models, their demise would be a significant loss.

Steve

11-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just recently read on this forum that they are still taking orders, but that they wait until they get a certain amount of orders before processing/filling them.

I don't know if this is true, will try to find the thread.
11-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
they operated at least in August... this is email exchange between me and them:

We have screens for the Pentax LX, PZ-1, 645 and 6x7. I don’t believe any of these are compatible with the K-3.

Regards,
Carrie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2015 7:58 AM
To: Carrie Baubie, ORAFOL Display Optics
Subject: FW: Contact form from website

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2015 1:18 AM
To: Ray Schmitt, ORAFOL Display Optics
Subject: Contact form from website
11-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like they have joined Katzeye in the no longer in business group.

12-01-2015, 04:57 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How I hope that Ricoh offers a few useful screen options for the upcoming K1. I've always preferred an all-mocroprism center for manual focusing, going way back to pre-Spotmatic Pentax bodies. Replaced the stock screen of my LX with an all-microprism. Got a Katzeye for the K5 that has the ubiquitous microprism doughnut around a diagonal wedge-rangefinder, but I just do not like the rangefinder. For me it just distracts from the more useful microprism.