Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Banned

Sarah Palin: Obama Is Bringing Back Discrimination From 'Days Before The Civil War'

QuoteQuote:
Sarah Palin weighed in Thursday on a video of Barack Obama embracing the late Professor Derrick Bell, stating during an interview that the clip revealed that the president is "bringing us back...to days before the Civil War" when racial discrimination was prevalent.

In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Palin discussed Obama's affiliation with Bell, a former Harvard professor who passed away last year. A video released earlier this week showed Obama, then a student at Harvard Law School, praising Bell at a rally in support of the university hiring more minority faculty.
Sarah Palin: Obama Is Bringing Back Discrimination From 'Days Before The Civil War'

03-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm glad she is back. I was thinking to myself....first Bush left....then Palin and now the GOP will be all wrapped up. Where am I going to find good comedy TV now?

Over 20 years ago, someone named Bell voiced concern that equal advancement of people might be influenced by race.

Well here comes Sarah to save the day Let's see if I understand her. Because Bell wants equal access to everyone based on what was happening in the late 80s and early 90s, the country will be divided now. What's worse, by having a black president, the US is going back to the civil war era.

Interesting......
03-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Where's Bachmann nowadays? I would give a lot to see Bachmann vs Palin.
03-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Where's Bachmann nowadays? I would give a lot to see Bachmann vs Palin.
Debate, election, or mud wrestling?

03-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She's got nothing left to say than this fanciful deduction. Just attack because he's in the opposing party. Whatever happened to keeping your mouth shut if you don't have anything sensible to say?
03-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
She's got nothing left to say than this fanciful deduction. Just attack because he's in the opposing party. Whatever happened to keeping your mouth shut if you don't have anything sensible to say?
apparently no longer Christian values. you know, being such a big one like Bachmann. or is it because she is 'non denominational'? regardless, I agree. what ever happened to that? if people spent more time thinking and less time flapping their gums, we would all be better off.
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Definitely mud wrestling...

03-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I like Sarah....she makes me feel smart.

Larry
03-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Part of me wonders if her little brain once heard the phrase "before the civil-rights era" and stored it in words and meaning as "before the Civil War."

Stupid people tend to mis-hear and mis-remember things, even when they try to pay attention. She thought Saddam Hussein attacked the US on 9/11, and did not know why "Korea" is two nations. It should come as no surprise that "Civil Rights" and "Civil War" mean essentially the same thing to her.
03-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Part of me wonders if her little brain once heard the phrase "before the civil-rights era" and stored it in words and meaning as "before the Civil War."

Stupid people tend to mis-hear and mis-remember things, even when they try to pay attention. She thought Saddam Hussein attacked the US on 9/11, and did not know why "Korea" is two nations. It should come as no surprise that "Civil Rights" and "Civil War" mean essentially the same thing to her.
Her little brain was only born a few months before the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Nevertheless, having lived in the South a decade before the Civil Rights Act, and having lived in the South in the first decade after it passed, confusing the ante-1964 society with the antebellum society is not all that far off.
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Here's an analogy: Bell I believe was the first black Harvard Law professor (tenured). Obama is the first black US President. Thurgood Marshall was the first black Supreme Court justice. The 'embracing' of any of them, or any other - Jackie Robinson? - is a set back to the days before each was the 'first'?

Luckily we don't have that problem with Sarah - because Geraldine beat her to that particular first. But Sarah is the first Republican female VP candidate - therefore her candidacy must have put the GOP back to at least the 90's - 1890's - when it comes to female discrimination.

Here's the proof:
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yes please.
03-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Sarah Palin is bringing back retardation from 'days before the enlightenment'.

Anyway, here's her running partner and O'Reilly discussing their fear that the 'white christian male power structure, of which we are a part' will be brought down. Guess Dr. Bell wasn't so far off the truth and Palin's dumb comments could much more legitimately be levelled at McCain/O'Rreilly, rather than Obama. Either she's dumb as a stick, or she's just projecting her and her compatriot's bigotry onto the President. Or both.

03-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #14

I am more than a little surprised at the lack of balance here in the political discussion. I hear a lot about Sarah Palin's gaffes. Some of you have gone so far as to refer to her "bringing back retardation", "Palin's dumb comments", "Stupid people tend to mis-hear and mis-remember things", "Her little brain",.....yada, yada, yada....

Every president in my memory, and probably every other politician has said stupid stuff, both on and off the record. Why is it I don't hear one word about the way she cleaned house on the corruption in Alaska in a bi-partisan way. A group of them called the "Corrupt Bastard's Club" have gone to jail, ~ well at least some of them. You might want to read up on that. But then I digress. My main point here is that politicians screw up on a fairly regular basis in what they say. I chalk it up partly to ignorance, not enough time to rehearse the lines, and partly to the stress associated with public speaking.

Anyone here ever said something stupid they regret? I doubt it! All of you are far to intelligent and eloquent to ever make mistakes like that.

In the interest of fairness and balance, I thought I would do a quick Google search and find some stupid mistakes of Obama's. While I am not a fan of Obama, I chalk most of these stupid mistakes up as simply stupid mistakes. Do I think Obama really meant most of what he said? No, they were stupid mistakes, I am sure he regrets having said them. The Republican Party does not have a monopoly on them. Stupid mistakes are very bi-partisan in nature. I would say that those of you who have been doing the insulting and name calling are the dumb ones. Try and see past your own political biases a bit, you might find something out you like about the "other side".

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon (Watch video clip)

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.

On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.
Barack Obama
Does Obama see dead people?

Last edited by metaglypto; 03-16-2012 at 05:31 PM.
03-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Yes. Obama = Sarah Palin.
Closed Thread