Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
macro photo calendar - son's fundraiser

A little photography goes a long way - this is a macro calendar I made for my 15 year old son who is trying to raise $2500 to go on a long school field trip to India next year.

Because it's partially a charity thing a local printer gave him a fantastic rate and he stands to make about $10 profit per calendar (selling it for £10 uk, about $15). He will sell them in his school, local community, friends and relatives etc. Not my idea but my wife's, who is a little frustrated that I'm not making money from my photography spend

If he doesn't manage to sell 250 I might have to also sell them via my site but I'm rather hoping to avoid that Smile Anyhow this isn't a selling link at all, not even final proofed version, but just shows what you can do. Big beast of a download unfortunately, 20meg:

http://extreme-macro.co.uk/laurence/full-calendar-3.pdf

Last edited by Nass; 09-23-2014 at 10:54 AM.
10-02-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Update on this, now nearly ready and just awaiting delivery from the printer's. I had to raise the price because the printer got the first quote wrong but it's looking really good and there's a plan of action to achieve the sales he needs to go on his trip. See 2015 Extreme Macro Photography Calendar - that PDF link above is obscenely large - I've put a much more reasonable one now at that page link.

Fyi, I used Adobe InDesign to make it, there is a great free calendar plugin I recommend that does a lot of the hard work for you - Adobe InDesign Calendar Wizard - Beyond that it's pretty easy, and with digital printing costs being relatively low I'm hoping that we'll make the profit he needs. If it works out well then I'll put up a case study in case anyone else here wants to try something similar to get themselves some extra lens money!
10-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great job from you.
Wish him raise the needed fund.
10-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you!

Fingers crossed we manage to shift 200!!!

11-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Shifted 75 in 3 weeks and made it to the local paper too! - see Teenager creates giant insect calendar to fund charity trip to India | Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser

If anyone interested, amazon link at Macro Calendar

Thank you!