Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #1

Desperate times in Nepal: Call for help!

I would like to apologize in advance if I am violating any of the forum rules in doing so.

A devastating 7.9 magnitude earthquake has struck Nepal, causing severe destruction and loss of lives and properties. At least 4000 people are now known to have died with more than 7000 injured so far. The numbers are increasing every hour. The most affected areas are the picturesque hills and towns of Gorkha, Lamjung, Kathmandu valley, Banepa, Chitwan and surrounding areas.

The beautiful town of Kathmandu with all its temples, heritage and architecture is in ruins with many temples in the palace squares destroyed. There are many people stranded and homeless in beautiful Annapurna consercation Area (ACAP).

Hospitals are overcrowded, treating people in the streets and running out of emergency supplies. Most of the pictures and news circulating in the internet and other media is from in and around Kathmandu valley. The power is out and communications are badly affected and there is no definite assessment of damage, destruction and loss of life from remote areas. Most areas near the epicentre, in and around district of Gorkha and Lamjung have been flattened. A lot of places are inaccessible due to landslides and wide spread road damage.

Many people are stranded out in open in rain with more rain forecast for rest of the week. Many have lost their family, friends and homes. They are in desperate need of help, they are in desperate need of hope. Even a dollar you could space would make a difference.

You can donate at
Sincere regards,
Nepalese Community.

You can read more at:

Attached Images

04-28-2015, 04:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
People that have never been in an earthquake, really have no idea what it is like. In LA, we could not even by food or gas because the computers were not working. My heart goes out to you.
04-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I live in Perth ( Western Australia) but right now I am in Warsaw in Poland.
I am highly impressed with the reaction of Polish people and Polish LOT airlines to this tragedy.
Number of aircrafts flew from Warsaw to Kathmandu with self supporting groups of firefighters with highly trained dogs, doctors, nurses, field hospitals , tents, water, food.
Those aircrafts also did bring back Polish and other nation's citizens.
There is also a "loud" well advertised campaign to raise money to help Nepalese people.
Nepal is a very popular destination for Polish climbers.
kind regards
jack
04-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My partner and I had the privilege of visiting Nepal 2 1/2 years ago. We were awed by the Himalaya's, but humbled by and fell in love with the people. Our fondest memories are of the ancient temples of Durva square which, by all reports, are all but ruined.

I encourage all Pentaxians of relative wealth to open their hearts and wallets and donate whatever they can afford to help these wonderful people.

05-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for your kindness and support.