Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Charlotte Elizabeth DIANA...

Ha! I just won a $10 bet with my BFF's. I knew one her names would just have to be Diana. From the pics I think she just might look a little like William and hence Diana too, but it's a little early to tell. I didn't figure it would be her first name but I was thinking definitely second or third. Charlotte Elizabeth is nice too. I think the name is just perfect. Honors both parents and the Queen herself, very nice..

05-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
From the pics I think she just might look a little like William and hence Diana too,
As long as she doesn't look like Charles she'll be fine.
05-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looking at their kids and at little Prince George I'd say the Spencer genetics prevail, though George does look like his Mom a fair bit too. (He's one adorable little boy!) Well, except for the baldness gene thing. Poor Will definitely got that from his Dad...
05-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well, except for the baldness gene thing.
I love being bald! All that's required for maintenance is a #1 buzz cut every couple of weeks. Plus, I can stick my head out the window of a moving car and enjoy it! Who says it's only for dogs

Don't be jealous

05-04-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm not. If you can rock bald, then more power to you. I don't mind it if a guy can in fact I prefer it to comb overs...
05-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, it's nice when a boy honours his parents, but for all the fuss, I can't help but think of the newspaper headline at the birth of yet another royal offspring: "Woman Has Baby!"

Anyway, one of my grand-daughters beat them to the first name, not to mention a German princess who had an entire castle named after her. Diana? I guess it helps support the narrative about the English being the ultimate inheritors of Greek civilisation.
05-04-2015, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
I love being bald! All that's required for maintenance is a #1 buzz cut every couple of weeks. Plus, I can stick my head out the window of a moving car and enjoy it! Who says it's only for dogs
You know...you might be on to something there! When I stick my head out the window of a moving car, people think I am a dog!

Regards!

What I really wanted to say was this is not the only new baby around! I feel so excited...cigars anyone?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/294546-big-chicken-daddy.html

05-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Well, it's nice when a boy honours his parents, but for all the fuss, I can't help but think of the newspaper headline at the birth of yet another royal offspring: "Woman Has Baby!"

Anyway, one of my grand-daughters beat them to the first name, not to mention a German princess who had an entire castle named after her. Diana? I guess it helps support the narrative about the English being the ultimate inheritors of Greek civilisation.
Actually it's got nothing to do with that. It's little Charlotte's parents determinedly honoring the memory of her much revered and often too much maligned of late Grandmother, Princess Diana. There has been a rather concentrated effort to push Princess Diana way back into the mists of history so that Prince Charles's 2nd wife Camilla can shine more brightly. William kind of rocked the boat and let everyone know he wasn't going to allow her to be forgotten when he married his wife and gave her Diana's engagement ring. Now his little girl will carry her name as well, albeit as a middle name. There's talk of a more suitable memorial for her too. I do hope they go there. That fountain thing is just wretched if you ask me....
05-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually it's got nothing to do with that. It's little Charlotte's parents determinedly honoring the memory of her much revered and often too much maligned of late Grandmother, Princess Diana. There has been a rather concentrated effort to push Princess Diana way back into the mists of history so that Prince Charles's 2nd wife Camilla can shine more brightly. William kind of rocked the boat and let everyone know he wasn't going to allow her to be forgotten when he married his wife and gave her Diana's engagement ring. Now his little girl will carry her name as well, albeit as a middle name. There's talk of a more suitable memorial for her too. I do hope they go there. That fountain thing is just wretched if you ask me....
Yes, I realise the naming was a reference to the late Princess of Wales (the Palace would never allow her to be the higher status Princess Diana, which is generally reserved for the blood line), but I couldn't help noting the part of the story that, in its own small way, helps to maintain the fiction of historical legitimacy of British Royalty. If you hadn't already guessed, I'm a republican at heart (not with a capital 'R' )

Do you mean the memorial in Hyde Park, or the one on the Spencer family estate? Either way, it's a strange obsession, but part of what makes us human, I suppose. I have to confess to having taken a couple of photos (for completeness, of course) on my last visit to the UK.
05-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The one in Hyde park. I think it's perfectly hideous...