Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
RICOH and international warranty...

I have been wondering.. shoulnd be great if we could have a valid RICOH (Pentax) international warranty? I dont know if they had it in the past..or if they have it now.. but we all know that is really hard to find stores that actually sell Pentax products ( as retailers ), so many of us buy the equipment online, sometimes ( like myself ), I buy it at Amazon, Adorama B&H or other online stores but have the problem that to rapair the equipment you have to ship it back to them, if you live outside the US it could be expensive. In my country we have a good store that sells Pentax but prices are much more expensive than online retailers.. so.. shouldnt be nice, if doesnt matter where you get your equipment you can send to to your nearest RICOH retailer and make valid your warranty ( Then they can manage the $$$ with RICOH ) But for us, the buyers will give us GREAT security buying RICOH products no matter where you are. NIKON/Canon have service centers everywhere and its going to take a long time to build something like that. But it guessing that doing a sort of international warranty that can be validated at local RICOH retailers ( perhaps paying a resonable fee for the store )..

Once again. dont know if this could be something viable for the DSLR market.. but is an idea that could be nice to have and will help to grow the brand.

08-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would be great for consumers, but as far as I understand international warranties cause a lot of legal and financial complications, so all of Pentax's international warranty programs were pulled a few years ago.

I hope that the worldwide service network keeps expanding so that it becomes easier and more affordable to get repairs done.

If you can secure lower prices by importing that would still help offset the cost of any potential repairs, right?
08-13-2015, 01:20 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
I am living in Turkey, the dealer hasn't imported the k3II yet, so I have purchased from Germany. Than the recall matter came out; although my number is within the defected serials, - but I had no failure so far - I have asked them to help me; they told me that Pentax Japan has sent them an email, saying that I should have this issue handled in Germany. I think this is absurd, at the end of the day, this is obviously a mistake made by Pentax, not an issue of my misusage or breaking etc. I don't know the other brands, but this is not acceptable; a recall is recall, not a breakdown repair.