Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Post Accident Therapy, i Bought some new shoes!!!

yep, that's how I helped occupy my mind after last night's accident. Are borderline the highest heels I've bought yet, sadly won't arrive till tues/wed but yahoooo!

06-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lenses have an amazing therapeutic effect as well.
Enjoy!
06-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
bxf
Veteran Member

Photos of shoes and attached legs required
06-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Lenses have an amazing therapeutic effect as well.
Enjoy!
they do, but shoes are so much cheaper and it's a money thing for me right now heh

---------- Post added 06-30-16 at 05:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Photos of shoes and attached legs required
oh yeah, I promise...

07-04-2016, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recently bought new shoes for my post accident therapy too.

Well, somebody did want photo's of shoes with legs attached..........
07-04-2016, 07:34 AM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Reef, that sure doesn't look comfy!!
07-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
With two broken feet, I've had plenty of those.......when you get out of it you can get one of these...much more comfortable.

...and when you are all healed...if you ever are "all healed"...you can go back to some comfy farm boots!

What did you break? I have broken both feet, severely, and I can tell you that now nothing beats comfy shoes...I don't care what they look like as long as they are comfy!

I can walk...but it is not like it used to be, and the older I get the harder it is. I think arthritis gets in those breaks and causes a ton of trouble?

Do your therapy...it is all important to regain mobility as fast as possible. Hurts like hell at times, but it is why I am walking today!

Regards!

To the OP....We do want to see your new shoes! Be sure we get to when they arrive!

07-04-2016, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I'm out of the boot now and recovering pretty good. I got hit by a pickup truck who made a left turn into me while I was on the Harley. Bruises, sprains and stress fractures. Most of the damage was to my left ankle and shin. That was on May 23. I was pretty fortunate it wasn't worse. The Harley will be out of the shop on July 12 so I can start enjoying my summer again.

My feet are in pretty rough shape from arthritis already. I had surgery on my right foot 3 years ago. I'm getting the left on fixed in August so that big ugly boot ( I call it Frankenfoot) isn't getting shoved into the back of the closet. I'm keeping my new cane handy too!
07-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A very fitting cane!
07-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm out of the boot now and recovering pretty good. I got hit by a pickup truck who made a left turn into me while I was on the Harley.
You were very fortunate.....same happened here recently and the rider is now in the great road in the sky forever. Not a bad place, but you don't want to rush getting there!

I have reconciled that I will never walk as I once did or have the mobility I once had.....so now I concentrate on continuing to just walk. Losing that would be catastrophic.

At least my breaks have happened later in life and did not disable me from working and enjoying more things than I can now. We adjust, even if it is sometimes painful.

Best of luck to you Reef.....you gotta hang in there, the alternative is so much worse.

Regards!
07-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Well, somebody did want photo's of shoes with legs attached..........
wow that looks horrible, sure hope no other serious injuries were sustained, and btw thankyou ever so much for releasing me from having to post pics of my legs/shoes I feel freer now heh
07-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
wow that looks horrible, sure hope no other serious injuries were sustained, and btw thankyou ever so much for releasing me from having to post pics of my legs/shoes I feel freer now heh
Us beat up old guys love to show our scars! I hope you're feeling better and the new shoes worked.

---------- Post added 07-04-16 at 06:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You were very fortunate.....same happened here recently and the rider is now in the great road in the sky forever. Not a bad place, but you don't want to rush getting there!
Sadly, I went to a funeral a week ago for a young man, just turned 21 who got hit by a driver who crossed over three lanes. It seems to get worse every year. I'm missing the bike but I'm also apprehensive about getting back on it. I've been down before but I always was able to get back up and ride home. Not this time.
07-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Us beat up old guys love to show our scars! I hope you're feeling better and the new shoes worked.

---------- Post added 07-04-16 at 06:26 PM ----------

Sadly, I went to a funeral a week ago for a young man, just turned 21 who got hit by a driver who crossed over three lanes. It seems to get worse every year. I'm missing the bike but I'm also apprehensive about getting back on it. I've been down before but I always was able to get back up and ride home. Not this time.
well, 2 more days days till my shoes actually arrive but how can they not? I mean new 6in heels are like magic lol
07-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
A very fitting cane!
He was selling these at a motorcycle rally I attended about a week after the crash. I was using my monopod or a ski pole for extra support but when I saw these, I had to have one.
Home | My 3rd Leg | Unique and Functional Canes
07-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
I mean new 6in heels are like magic
If your to be a Kerrowdown dancing partner, with these heels just how tall will you be?... as the old Kerrowdown these days is only six foot three ish.