Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #1

IR remote cycle time

I have been trying to use IR to trigger my K-01 on a focus stacking rig. I hacked into an inexpensive e-bay IR remote and interfaced it to my home built stacking controller. The controller moves the subject, triggers the shutter repeat etc... With previous Pentax cameras I used the wired trigger and the delay from triggering to shutter actuation was quite predictable. With the IR remote there is a long delay from when the camera finishes writing to disc and when an IR trigger signal will be accepted. If I just press the shutter button there is no similar delay. Has anyone else had similar problems?

10-28-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you don't want any latency, you need to use the remote continuous drive mode. It looks like the K-01 doesn't have this mode, unfortunately.

To speed up file saving, make sure you have a memory card with a write speed of at least 30 Mb/s. Also, disable geometric distortion correction and high ISO noise reduction, as these can add considerable processing time.

It does look like there are many alternatives to the IR remote, unfortunately. See this discussion for more details:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/138-pentax-k-01/209579-share-yours-k-01-r...solutions.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: