Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #1

Tamron 70-200mm mis-focusing in Live View mode

Using the viewfinder, the lens focuses quickly and accurately. When I switch the K-30 to Live View and use the rear screen, it is missing the focus. And in fact, I can't even tell if any part of the frame is IN focus. But the camera is set-up to not release the shutter unless focus has been achieved, so the camera thinks that SOMETHING is in focus.

Other lenses focus fine using LiveView, so do some lenses not have what it takes to be focused using the LiveView AF system or is this some sort of user error. I will attempt some more today, but I wouldn't mind hearing from some experienced users so I don;t waste my time (if it won't work).

Last edited by Lukinosity; 08-22-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: clarity
08-22-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
owl
Forum Member

I had this problem with this lens and the K-01 which only has a live view mode. It would lock on focus and then move out of focus every time. It is too large a lens to get much use on the K-01 but it was manual focus only when I did. I have no other issues with the lens on the K-5 or K-3, so it isn't the lens. Come to think of it, I don't remember trying it with live view mode on these cameras...
08-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I just gave my Tamron 70-200/2.8 a try in K-30 LV, probably the very first time ever, and it seems to work fine. It's a weird lens though even in PDAF, I had no trouble at all at an airshow following a Typhoon that was quite close doing its acrobatic thing, but sometimes it can't make its mind up what to focus on in my garden, probably because of a much more busy background.
08-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can't use live view on that lens and perhaps any long lens , the reason I forget , but it's been covered before there is nothing wrong with your camera or lens don't worry.