Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #1

Please anybody knows debug K-50??

Hello~I just bought K-50, and I updated firmware version 1.02 that recent one.
And I searched that to activate debug mode, I had to make two files.
One is 00077750.545 and DEVELOP.MOD.

and put the [DEBUG_MODE EN]
[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU]
inside of 00077750.545 file.
and then transfer that two files in the root of SD memory.
and before turned on the camera, leave the SD memory cover(lid) opened and turn on. then debug mode will activate.

this is what i know how to enter debug mode with K-50 & firmware 1.02

is this correct? I tried couple of times but nothing happend...I'm not american, I need to change the language but there is not
asian language in that camera. so I need to enter the debug mode to change region code.

please help me, I need your help thank you !!

12-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

There are three Asian language options in my K-50 setup. Which language do you need? Perhaps you can dl the firmware version in your language from Ricoh rather than using the English firmware?
12-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Perhaps you can dl the firmware version in your language from Ricoh rather than using the English firmware?
The language files are already on the OP's camera. Pentax and other makers flash their bodies according to target markets. What needs to be done is to change the region code assigned to the camera at the factory. This may be done using the debug menu.

I have attached a zip with the two files and instructions to this message. The OP may copy them to the root (base) directory of the SD card and turn the camera on with the card door open.

Steve
Attached Files
File Type: zip K50.zip (608 Bytes, 305 views)

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-14-2015 at 11:57 AM.
12-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The language files are already on the OP's camera.
Yes, like I said, there are three Asian language options in my (Aussie market) camera.
I would have thought it just a matter of selecting the language he can read..
If it's not in the camera, then this would be a bigger issue for him which I assumed might be fixed by a firmware update? No?

12-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, like I said, there are three Asian language options in my (Aussie market) camera.
Yes, like I did not say explicitly...there are dozens of languages supported for each region code with most being specific to those regions. I am not sure, but I believe the number of supported languages may be as many as 200. There was a similar inquiry a month or so back with a K-3 purchased somewhere in Asia that lacked German as a language choice. The language was there, just not for the region set for the camera. I went through the process of changing the region using my camera (am I dumb or what?) and was able to give specific instructions to that user on how to set the region.

With any luck, the files I provided will work, though I expect the next question will be regarding how to turn the debug features off...

Steve
12-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Gotta love the internet
12-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #7

Original Poster
There are three Asian language options in my K-50 setup. Which language do you need? Perhaps you can dl the firmware version in your language from Ricoh rather than using the English firmware?
I'm a Korean, and I'm living in US for study for a while. so I can just change the language only English, France, German, Spanish, ect...just European languages ...
I just updated firmware version 1.02 in us.ricoh-imaging.com /

12-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #8

Original Poster
I tried but not working

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, like I did not say explicitly...there are dozens of languages supported for each region code with most being specific to those regions. I am not sure, but I believe the number of supported languages may be as many as 200. There was a similar inquiry a month or so back with a K-3 purchased somewhere in Asia that lacked German as a language choice. The language was there, just not for the region set for the camera. I went through the process of changing the region using my camera (am I dumb or what?) and was able to give specific instructions to that user on how to set the region.

With any luck, the files I provided will work, though I expect the next question will be regarding how to turn the debug features off...

Steve
Thanks Steve.

I downloaded and red what your write in the file.

this is what you wrote.

1. put both files for you camera on the root of your storage card
2. put sd card in camera but leave the door open
3. turn on
4. now you are in debug menu - have fun!

I put two files what i mentioned above. 00077750.545 and DEVELOP.MOD
and yeah leave the door open, turned on.
then nothing display anything. just beside of MENU button, there is orange light flicking 2times.
I can't see debug menu on my LCD display...hmmmmm

What should I do? do I have to return?

anyway thank you for your kindness. I appreciate it
12-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by byuncm Quote
I'm a Korean, and I'm living in US for study for a while. so I can just change the language only English, France, German, Spanish, ect...just European languages ...
I just updated firmware version 1.02 in us.ricoh-imaging.com /
Interesting.
I guess units for the Australian market are different then.
Here's a shot of mine.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
12-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #10

file 1

name: 00077750.545
inside:
[DEBUG_MODE EN]
[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU]

file 2

name: DEVELOP.MOD
empty.

When start set REGION CODE to <00>

Profit!

I make Russian from China.

Last edited by alex7212; 12-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.
12-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #11

Original Poster
Thank you guys !! Finally I changed the Language to Korean !!! You guys are awesome !! Thanks a lott hahaha
12-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does this work on a K-30 too? Any benefits to going into Debug mode besides language selection?
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Does this work on a K-30 too?
For K-30

Last edited by alex7212; 12-18-2014 at 03:48 PM.