Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K30 has a Wild Hair

I have two K30s and this only occurs in one unit. Every so often, under no particular set of circumstances, my K30 gets a wild hair in setting exposure and I end up with a shot that is most often hugely over-exposed. Sometimes it happens between two perfectly exposed shots taken fairly close together (not bracketed or rapid mode). Sometimes it happens when taking a single shot with a long lag between shots. It doesn't happen very often or with any regularity but every once in a while. Annoying when it happens as I've lost a few desired photos when it does. I almost always shoot in aperture mode letting the camera set shutter speed and usually ISO (sometimes in daylight I set ISO to force a higher shutter speed)

Does this happen to anyone else?

05-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does this happen with multiple lenses or the same lens every time? If it's the same lens every time, it could be sticky aperture.... in which case test the lens on your other unit first. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head.
05-06-2015, 01:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this the camera picking a wrong shutter speed and/or ISO? Or are they correct for the light situation but the shot is overexposed?
05-09-2015, 04:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm wondering the same thing as Auzzie, is this one lens or different ones?

I have the same problem with my Makinon 135mm now and then shooting in manual mode. Usually it's the first couple of shots for the day then it acts right, it's the aperture blades sticking a little.

If it's doing it with different lenses, I'm mostly baffled. One thing that does come to mind, sometimes if using auto exposure it can set exposure according to a dark spot that is too slow a shutter speed for the overall lighting.

05-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
No, it's not the same lens every time, and you look in the exif data and iso or shutter speed or both are off. (I mostly shoot aperture priority and that holds up) It's really quit random
05-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Has it always done this ? What is you shutter count ?