Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
World Pentax Day is Now!

For those of you who missed the homepage announcement, this is just a friendly reminder that today, tomorrow, and Sunday are all World Pentax Days!

Go out and shoot with your friends, then upload your best photos to the event gallery.

If you're new to World Pentax Day, you can learn more about the event here:

World Pentax Day: July 11-13, 2014 - Giveaways and Events

I hope you guys enjoy the event! Know that you have until the end of the month to upload

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hehehe Asked for a day off at work just for Pentax Day thinking it was only the 11th!!!! now I just discovered I have 2 more days of fun!!! yeiii!!!!
07-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fri98 Quote
hehehe Asked for a day off at work just for Pentax Day thinking it was only the 11th!!!! now I just discovered I have 2 more days of fun!!! yeiii!!!!
That's dedication there! hehe
07-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Hello, I took some photos today and tried to post them for WPD. It said the date was not within the guidelines, although I took the photos today, and the date on my camera is set correctly. Do you know what the problem might be? Thanks.

07-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For those of you who missed the homepage announcement, this is just a friendly reminder that today, tomorrow, and Sunday are all World Pentax Days!

Go out and shoot with your friends, then upload your best photos to the event gallery.
Adam, I just tried to upload a photo taken a few minutes ago, and the gallery loader will not accept it as the EXIF date format is set for non USA i.e. 12/07/14. Is it possible to make this adjustment so non-US forum members can contribute?
07-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Adam, I just tried to upload a photo taken a few minutes ago, and the gallery loader will not accept it as the EXIF date format is set for non USA i.e. 12/07/14. Is it possible to make this adjustment so non-US forum members can contribute?
The system was set to only allow photos from 2013! Eek. Your uploads should now go through

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #7

Hi. I've tried to upload today and yesterday. Followed link and instructions, but cannot find my post after load.
Any ideas anybody?

07-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #8
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geoffw Quote
Hi. I've tried to upload today and yesterday. Followed link and instructions, but cannot find my post after load.
Any ideas anybody?
Had the same problem after Adam fixed the first problem. I am hoping that he fixes this problem also.
The system was set to only allow photos from 2013! Eek. Your uploads should now go through
Thanks Adam, the update went through, but where it went remains a mystery - it isn't showing in the gallery for the day
07-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geoffw Quote
Any ideas anybody?
The upload problem was just recently fixed, so I would try again. I'm not seeing anything wrong with the system at this time.

Adam

07-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #10
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

The upload problem was just recently fixed, so I would try again. I'm not seeing anything wrong with the system at this time.
I did that and got the date error again (quietly sobbing to himself now......)

'Photos for this World Pentax Day event must be taken on Friday July 11th, Saturday July 12th, or Sunday July 13th, 2014. Please check your photo's EXIF'
07-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I did that and got the date error again (quietly sobbing to himself now......)

'Photos for this World Pentax Day event must be taken on Friday July 11th, Saturday July 12th, or Sunday July 13th, 2014. Please check your photo's EXIF'
Can you try uploading to the misc category? That'll allow me to take a look at the exif and see if the date is as it should be.

Adam

07-12-2014, 02:03 AM   #12
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Can you try uploading to the misc category? That'll allow me to take a look at the exif and see if the date is as it should be.
Loaded as requested. If possible, could you transfer it to the World Pentax Day Gallery.

Thanks

Ross
07-12-2014, 02:12 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Loaded as requested. If possible, could you transfer it to the World Pentax Day Gallery.

Thanks

Ross
I've gone ahead and moved it for you. Also, I was able to identify another problem, so now all uploads should go through

Adam

07-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #14
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I've gone ahead and moved it for you. Also, I was able to identify another problem, so now all uploads should go through
Thanks Adam, all good
07-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I took my original Asahi Pentax out today and ran a couple rolls of film though it. Tomorrow, I'll be taking my K-3 wine tasting.