Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 09:58 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photokina 2014: Ricoh confirm full frame camera is coming in 2015

This is the report from Photokina made by 'Le Monde de la Photo' ('The World of Photo', both a magazine and a website):

Ricoh : le plein format arrive - Le Monde de la Photo

A few excerpts:

"Ricoh : le plein format arrive…

C’est désormais officiel : il y a aura bien un boîtier plein format chez Ricoh Imaging. Il faudra patienter jusqu’à l’année prochaine, le projet étant en cours de développement.

(...)

Ricoh reconnaît officiellement qu’un projet est en cours de développement et qu’il sera dévoilé l’an prochain, sans préciser de période pour l’instant.
"

which, once translated into English, reads:

"Ricoh: the full frame [camera] is coming...

It's now official: there will be a full frame camera from Ricoh Imaging. You will have to wait until next year, the project being under development.

(...)

Ricoh officially recognize that a project is under development and will be unveiled next year, without specifying a time frame for now.
"

I am very much looking forward to CP+!!!

09-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ofcourse, Just like I said.
09-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Anything in English from a Pentax/Ricoh Rep that could not possibly be a 'lost in translation' moment?
09-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darn, like two days after I give up and decide to go for an A7r this Christmas... now what do I do? Pentax is determined to ruin my life.

09-16-2014, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Remember! You read it first here folk!

With any luck it will take less time to bring to market than the original Pentax FF MZ-D prototype.*

Steve

* The MZ-D was announced at Photokina in the year 2000 and was never brought to market due (apparently) to issues with the chosen 6 Mpx Philips sensor. Yes, the year 2000, fully 14 years ago.
09-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't believe the French...
09-16-2014, 10:07 AM - 3 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

No! Pentax is doomed, dammit! Stop with this nonsense of a full frame camera, and new lenses, and a nice looking booth, and recent releases such as the 645Z!

09-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You will have to wait until next year
Whew! My savings accounts are safe!

Steve
09-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #9
Veteran Member

YES!!
09-16-2014, 10:13 AM - 5 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
No! Pentax is doomed, dammit! Stop with this nonsense of a full frame camera, and new lenses, and a nice looking booth, and recent releases such as the 645Z!
Pentax is still doomed, it won't be the right number of MPs ( I want 30 MPs) it won't have enough lenses, accessories, or good enough flash sync, take your pick and tee off. The ergonomics will be wrong.. it won't be have a tilt screen, it won't have an electronic viewfinder, it will have an electronic viewfinder,

No, Pentax will always be doomed, same as Apple.
They just never get anything right.
09-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
I don't believe the French...
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I know, you guys just don't want to be disappointed again next year :-).
It will happen, I believe, although I have also invested quite a lot in Sony E-mount systems.
09-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Remember! You read it first here folk!

With any luck it will take less time to bring to market than the original Pentax FF MZ-D prototype.*

Steve

* The MZ-D was announced at Photokina in the year 2000 and was never brought to market due (apparently) to issues with the chosen 6 Mpx Philips sensor. Yes, the year 2000, fully 14 years ago.
Steve, I thought (and correct me if I am wrong) the failure in the MZ-D was primarily (or may be partly) due to the failure of the Philips sensor at that time; why they chose that sensor, don't know?
09-16-2014, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Pentax is...

SAVED!
09-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I really really really (did i forget to say really ?) hope this is true, but in all honesty i've lost faith, my friends, in our brand...

If it's false, this will be the biggest disapointement ever in the Pentax world.
09-16-2014, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

I am saving for both K-3 and the future FF so I can use my FA limited in both format.