11-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Pentax community on US Ricoh Imaging Site

Home - RIAC Community

11-26-2014, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder, if we all take our whining over to that "community,"
would it be any more effective at helping Ricoh "imagine change" in their lineup?
11-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Thanks for your post. I know that this exists now. J
11-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Naaah... best one is PentaxForums!

11-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting the link. I suspect it will be a long time before it can challenge PF although I do support the suggestion to take all the whining, FF begging and video unhappiness over to the RIAC site.
11-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thanks for posting the link. I suspect it will be a long time before it can challenge PF although I do support the suggestion to take all the whining, FF begging and video unhappiness over to the RIAC site.
Leave the good here and take the bad there? ...they'll shut it down in no time!
11-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #7

The main question here is: which is the purpose of this Ricoh's forum?

I very much hope that this Ricoh's forum is not intended to start competing with PF. If, then it would be a disaster throughout the Pentax community.

Thanks to this forum here, Pentax has lot of users all over the world. Without PF... (???)

11-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My main concern is about moderation/censorship of a Ricoh owned community. Imagine posts such as "Why I won't buy a K-3" or about the flapping of the mirror...would they even be allowed...

---------- Post added Nov 26th, 2014 at 13:16 ----------

As for moving the thread from the news forum to here, I don't know...I still think that it's worthy of being called a "news"... ;-)
11-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I don't think it competes with PF. In fact, it may deflect some of the Ricoh-directed flames.
Read some of the posts over there (there aren't many). I don't think they are censoring anything.
One user in particular recommends some new features for the K-3 and/or K-4, including FM radio, as well as a stainless-steel barbecue accessory.
See also his comments on keeping the Pentax brand.
11-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
I don't think it competes with PF. In fact, it may deflect some of the Ricoh-directed flames.
Read some of the posts over there (there aren't many). I don't think they are censoring anything.
One user in particular recommends some new features for the K-3 and/or K-4, including FM radio, as well as a stainless-steel barbecue accessory.
See also his comments on keeping the Pentax brand.
I would find audio notes more useful... especially when using M lenses and having to jot down aperture values... a cellphone is fine for that though.
The barbecue thing tells he's not a minimalist, micro43-minded guy... I bet he's waiting for FF too!
11-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This pentaxforums website is one of the best I've ever used. From a technical standpoint, it is a master piece.
11-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Hmmmm... the title of this thread has changed since this morning. It was something about the "best" Pentax Community.
11-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Hmmmm... the title of this thread has changed since this morning. It was something about the "best" Pentax Community.
I remember the old title. Don't know the motivation of the change, but I believe it's more clear this way. The first time I came here it was something different from what I had expected!
11-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Indeed I had put a different title at first. I was in a waiting room on my cell when I opened the thread. I don't know who changed it but I don't mind, it's better that way. As a matter of fact with such a title it might have survived in its original forum location lol
11-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
My main concern is about moderation/censorship of a Ricoh owned community. Imagine posts such as "Why I won't buy a K-3" or about the flapping of the mirror...would they even be allowed...

---------- Post added Nov 26th, 2014 at 13:16 ----------

As for moving the thread from the news forum to here, I don't know...I still think that it's worthy of being called a "news"... ;-)
Although the flapping mirror thread did highlight a real issue for a few people the WhyIWon'tBuy thread was just dumb and potentially harmful to Pentax purchasers who did not read it but noted the seemingly disgruntled title. I am quite aware that many of the posters are enthusiastic owners of the camera who just did it for fun. Never the less the original thread is no loss. The new thread with warning is, of course, harmless fun for those who enjoy such postings.