Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2015, 04:24 PM - 5 Likes   #646
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I see,we will have funny and good years all together and will get a big big problem...
Fact is,fullframe in October for your eyes and little later in the shops and earlier a new top of the range APS-C body like current K-3.
Next time GPS and Wi-Fi is a big thing,also autofocus is big in sight of the new develop office,primes next year and nearby the one or other APS-C stuff.
Also New 645 stuff is to see.
New firmware for current K-3 Next time.
It's for the optimal drive with the new lenses and better autofocus.
Best regards and everybody maybe looks for a good and friendly bank or by a face mask and a fast car

04-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #647
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
I see,we will have funny and good years all together and will get a big big problem...
Fact is,fullframe in October for your eyes and little later in the shops and earlier a new top of the range APS-C body like current K-3.
Next time GPS and Wi-Fi is a big thing,also autofocus is big in sight of the new develop office,primes next year and nearby the one or other APS-C stuff.
Best regards and everybody maybe looks for a good and friendly bank or by a face mask and a fast car
The K3 update is coming sooner? I thought they were busy with the new FF camera and lenses...
You need to be on my speedial/facetime, then i can call you out of the blue to learn about upcoming projects...
04-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #648
Veteran Member

Fact is,fullframe October for in your eyes and little later in the shops and earlier a new top of the range APS-C body like current K-3.
I already put the hints together, but I still don't think they are doing the right thing with that order...
04-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #649

Do you have more informations about top of the range APS-C you are talking about ?
I think if the new K-3 replacement is really coming this year, I will really have a trouble to decide which one to buy; new pentax FF or K-3 II.

04-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #650
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
I already put the hints together, but I still don't think they are doing the right thing with that order...
Don't forget the probable price disparity between a top-line APSc and a 36Mp FF with all the trimmings. The two bodies might not compete very much at all. Even if the APSc is cutting-edge.

I suspect very little of our expectation borne of experience with the old Pentax strategies (engineering, product placement, conservatism, pace, market segments, pricing, etc.) applies any more.
04-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #651
Veteran Member

Here what I said in February . My guts feeling , you need to get out the APSC before the FF otherwise , you loose chance topromote that

February 14In my humble opinion ,K-3 replacement is probably ready. At CP+ the message was the new FF and the news lenses . The FF lauch probably will be in October , they will need to fill time with an announcement of the new K-3 in june or september.
That way the press can talk about Ricoh Pentax , every other months.
04-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #652
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Here what I said in February . My guts feeling , you need to get out the APSC before the FF otherwise , you loose chance topromote that

February 14In my humble opinion ,K-3 replacement is probably ready. At CP+ the message was the new FF and the news lenses . The FF lauch probably will be in October , they will need to fill time with an announcement of the new K-3 in june or september.
That way the press can talk about Ricoh Pentax , every other months.
Yes. Once the FF hits the market it will be hard for the K-3 replacement it get any press. They need to get the K-3 replacement out into the hands of reviewers ASAP so they can get some momentum going before an official FF body is shown. I would have thought that they would want 6 months between the APS-C body and the FF. If released too close together the FF will over shadow the K-3 replacement.

04-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #653
Veteran Member

Winder, exactly. I believe Riccoh marketing team is not stupid ,they understand that very well.
But remember not everybody want an FF body. I am happy with an APSC.
04-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #654
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's been a new camera body in June/July quite often. Sometimes another late August. Then October. Then Feb/Mar.

It would be unusual if nothing happened until October. K-3 price action is suggestive.
04-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #655
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Historically, the high end K-mount camera has been updated once every 18 months since the K10D. So assuming they keep to this pattern, we could expect a K-3 successor sometime soon.

I don't think they would allow the FF to disrupt the release schedule of their bread-and-butter model.
04-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #656
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Rumors have pegged its release in October....

Stavri I was asking about the K3II that is Jun/Jul

Last edited by vcollerp; 04-10-2015 at 11:40 PM.
04-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #657
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
How long is 'not long'? Are we talking hours, days or weeks?
I didn't ask when they go public, but a couple of weeks at most (my guess)
04-11-2015, 12:28 AM   #658
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I didn't ask when they go public, but a couple of weeks at most (my guess)
yeah, nice one
04-11-2015, 12:47 AM - 5 Likes   #659
Veteran Member

Of course, a new GR is due to come too..I have no info on when yet, but this year is the plan. The FF will make more then Pentaxians to drop the jaw to the floor. Same with the next camera that comes before the FF too (I won't share details yet). But one thing is certain, Ricoh/Pentax is now tapping Nikon and Canon on the shoulder and saying "Heeeeello, here i am..be aware!" The whole company (Pentax) is loading their guns now..from the floor up to the management at the top. They are ready to rise again and kick som serious ass! So no fear of products at all!

Only real big job left, is rebuild everything around marketing They do work on that area too...

People need to understand, that Ricoh/Pentax are not playing, they are dead serious! But things are not fixed over the night. It takes time to correct and fix all the errors that have been done over the years. And the damage after Hoya is bigger then people are aware of. If you only knew the details of how close they was to throw in the towel, you would go But the tide has turned. The other brands will have to look out for and take us VERY serious in the future
04-11-2015, 01:00 AM   #660
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cheers to you kenspo and a big cheers to Pentax, good times ahead