Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2015, 07:28 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
On the top dial they have: Bracket, HDR, Crop, SR (shake reduction), but no PS (Pixel Shift). If this new camera has PS, it would have made sense to put it on this dial. Maybe this new full frame will not have PS???
There are few labels that seem intriguing but not obvious to me

Picture copied from Rico on Page 4

Wifi
Crop
SR
Grid (?)
HDR
BKT
CH/CL (? something high/low)
ISO
+/- (?)

ISO function seems redundant. Pixel Shift will be quite awesome if it is made available on the FF model. Any K3 II owners can share if any of the above labels make sense for Pixel Shift dial?

Happy Guessing,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 10-22-2015 at 07:37 PM.
10-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Who's going to be the first to make a stale disco light joke?
10-22-2015, 07:30 PM - 2 Likes   #78
Veteran Member

Looking at the top plate, I guess the two wheel control will work like this:

Wheel 1. Select an option (EV, ISO, Ch/Cl, Bracket, HDR, Grid, SR, Crop, WiFi)
Wheel 2. Toggle through the options available for your selection in Wheel 1, with the options displayed on the top LCD.

Ch/Cl is Continuous High/ Continuous Low, in Nikon speak. Shooting mode.

Grid would be grid display options in the viewfinder. (Rule of Thirds, Square mesh etc)
Crop would be what crop mode to use (or not)
SR = SR On/Off/Panning mode?
10-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #79
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Hmm. That back screen looks almost like it is removable and held in place on the mockup by some wires or something. That would be cool. Instead of a screen, a monitor. A two hand plus eye or face stabilized where you can position the monitor to see the scene in live view or movie mode? I get the immersion something different will be presented, different from other market offerings.

Two mode buttons and three dials. Is there a button on the top of the dial to the right of the top LCD?

Isn't the Ricoh GR extensively customizable? I wonder if some of that will show up here.

Edit. Now I see how they did the articulating screen.

CH/CL?
Continuous high/low? But, it looks just like on Nikon models, where the small dial *beneath* the 3rd e-dial control wheel is for drive mode, I'd say. Because that dial, with all the acronyms, is to control the function of the third wheel.

The FF looks AMAZING. It'll generate a ton of hype now, so I hope Ricoh can handle (and exploit) it!

---------- Post added 10-22-15 at 10:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
There are few labels that seem intriguing but not obvious to me

Picture copied from Rico on Page 4

Wifi
Crop
SR
Grid (?)
HDR
BKT
CH/CL (? channel or clipping high/low)
ISO
+/- (?)

ISO function seems redundant. Pixel Shift will be quite awesome if it is made available on the FF model. Any K3 II owners can share if any of the above labels make sense for Pixel Shift dial?

Happy Guessing,
Hin
Let's play! This thing modifies the function of the third e-dial, I'm quite sure. So, you can change ISO, exp. compensation (+/-), bracket mode, HDR strength, WiFi on/off, crop mode on/off, SR mode, maybe drive or focus priority, and grid line display on the (finally!) intelligent viewfinder.

10-22-2015, 07:39 PM - 2 Likes   #80
Veteran Member

Here is another back view...

This image you can see the dial next to the Prism housing in front of the top LCD there is a toggle switch for still and movie modes.

The articulating rear screen looks to be able to move in a more 3D fashion than just linear i.e. tilt up or down.

The size doesn't seem that overwhelming over the K-5 I was using. The real difference is the height of the FF. The width and depth are close.

There certainly are a lot of buttons on this camera. I only shoot in manual mode.

No word on specs.

Used a K-5 and my trusty SMC Pentax-A 1:2 28mm to take the images of the full frame. f8 1/50s iso 3200
10-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #81

SR . . .

Could that wonky slideshow that leaked last week be true? I thought the slide was a fake, but could that SR setting = Super Resolution?
10-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Here is another back view...
What does 'Fx2' refer to?

And notice how subtle the switch is for video/stills up top. Highlighting video as a lesser priority?

Note too the swap around of the Playback button with the LV button.

10-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Wasn't someone here hoping for a button to protect (lock) photos on the memory card? Looks like it on the front by the AF mode button.
10-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
What does 'Fx2' refer to?

And notice how subtle the switch is for video/stills up top. Highlighting video as a lesser priority?

Note too the swap around of the Playback button with the LV button.
I can't find any video icon on the top left dial.

Hin
10-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Looking at the top plate, I guess the two wheel control will work like this:

Wheel 2. Toggle through the options available for your selection in Wheel 1, with the options displayed on the top LCD.

Ch/Cl is Continuous High/ Continuous Low, in Nikon speak. Shooting mode.

Grid would be grid display options in the viewfinder. (Rule of Thirds, Square mesh etc)
Crop would be what crop mode to use (or not)
SR = SR On/Off/Panning mode?
This ^
10-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #86
Pentaxian

Fx-2? LV button on the left side. The focus point select toggle is easier to find with your thumb. On the left side above the mf/AF toggle there is a Lock button?
10-22-2015, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #87
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
Wasn't someone here hoping for a button to protect (lock) photos on the memory card? Looks like it on the front by the AF mode button.
No, that's a parking mode.
You can leave camera in the open, and lock it, go take some drinks. Whoever touches it, the alarm goes off and the police arrives in 1/8000 of a second.
10-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I can't find any video icon on the top left dial.

Hin
There is a lever below the right dial beside the viewfinder hump.
10-22-2015, 07:57 PM   #89
Veteran Member

My thought, too.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
This image you can see the dial next to the Prism housing in front of the top LCD there is a toggle switch for still and movie modes.
That's a pixel shift icon on the bottom button of the control pad! That should make pixel shift a lot more accessible.

---------- Post added 10-22-15 at 07:58 PM ----------

I'm going to miss the K-3's movie-still switch. I love that feature.
10-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #90

Still / Video mode switch is located on the top plate, grip side of the prism, at bottom of taller dial and actuated by a lever.