Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2016, 02:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DPReview: Photokina 2016 interview: Ricoh aims for visual revolution

Interview with Kazunobu Saiki, Senior Management and Group Leader, Marketing Section, Visual Revolution Business Development and Yutaka Takada, General Manager, Business Management Department, Global Sales and Marketing Division.

Last edited by EssJayEff; 09-28-2016 at 02:23 AM. Reason: added link to article
09-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Not much different than Pentaxforums' interview (which was done with the same Mr. Kazunobu Saiki, IIRC), except an even more optimistic tone - Pentax, leading in DSLRs?
09-28-2016, 03:21 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Wow, that's surprisingly similar!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-28-2016, 04:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Might be similar coz they synchronized their marketing message before the fair, which on one hand is good, on the other it might just cover up the real state of things... let's hope good is the answer

09-28-2016, 04:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Wow, that's surprisingly similar!
It would've been weird if it weren't
09-28-2016, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

The same person, during the same event, saying more or less the same thing to two different people is kind of odd .
09-28-2016, 05:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The same person, during the same event, saying more or less the same thing to two different people is kind of odd .
If he said something different we'd call him two faced.

Just goes to show, some people actually put some thought into their message before they go public with it. As opposed to coming unprepared and just running off at the mouth.

09-28-2016, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Did no one pick up on this bit?!

QuoteQuote:
‘In terms of developing the system, we have a lens roadmap and we plan to release some single focal length D-FA lenses. We know some users want to have D-FA Limited lenses and we’re listening to their voices.’
Hint towards some of the new D FA primes being Limiteds? Either updated FA Limiteds, or even new ones?
09-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Did no one pick up on this bit?!

Hint towards some of the new D FA primes being Limiteds? Either updated FA Limiteds, or even new ones?
I did. Weather sealing and updated coatings please!
09-28-2016, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #10
Banned

Yutaka Takada is based in France, he is head of Ricoh Imaging Europe and all he wrote in media was in Japanese.
With their US division dismissed, I wonder how many people, beside Mr Takada, Ricoh Imaging has west of Suez and east of Alaska?
09-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Not similar interviews, nothing about Q here.
09-30-2016, 05:42 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Both articles don't have a photo mr. Saiki, and I was wondering what he did to his hair this time....
09-30-2016, 03:16 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Yutaka Takada is based in France, he is head of Ricoh Imaging Europe and all he wrote in media was in Japanese.
With their US division dismissed, I wonder how many people, beside Mr Takada, Ricoh Imaging has west of Suez and east of Alaska?
I suspect North America is just along for the ride.

The last survey (for lenses) was aimed at Europe. I haven't seen a similar survey for NA. Actually, I haven't seen anything aimed at NA in a long time. It seems for those in that part of the world, if you buy Pentax fine and if you don't fine. They don't care.
09-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I suspect North America is just along for the ride.

The last survey (for lenses) was aimed at Europe. I haven't seen a similar survey for NA. Actually, I haven't seen anything aimed at NA in a long time. It seems for those in that part of the world, if you buy Pentax fine and if you don't fine. They don't care.
Actually, I hear Japan is concerned about dSLR sales in N.A. The entire remaining infrastructure was just stripped to bare earth. It will be interesting to see how they replace it.
09-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #15
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Actually, I hear Japan is concerned about dSLR sales in N.A. The entire remaining infrastructure was just stripped to bare earth. It will be interesting to see how they replace it.
Yes. Actually now that I think about it, I had the VP in charge of RIAC North America (in Canada) wanting to discuss my experiences with Precision when I had that major go around with them and my 16-50mm lens. As well as some manager guy in Denver leaving voice mail. So their representatives in NA did respond seriously (as they should). And, if you're wondering, she claimed she called but I had no record of the call being made in call history. So not sure if she dialed wrong number or just blowing smoke.. but they did eventually replace the lens with a brand new boxed one.

However, I still believe Pentax (and RIAC) are extremely Japan centric. Does it really take more than 5 years to redevelop (at least the base roots) of what they lost from Hoya days? And, unless everything is super behind the scenes, I haven't seen any semblance of correction in NA.

Perhaps the K-1 really has opened their eyes to how hungry the market is for what they offer though.. Both Adorama and B&H were running out of stock constantly back in June/July. I just want to see more (or any at this point) care directly from Japan for their NA customers... starting with a change in repair services. Or, at least, additional options.

That and Pentax cameras in stores...

I strongly doubt we'll see a Parts warehouse though ever again.. unless the pro-self repair org gets enough muscle to change that...