Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-21-2014, 12:39 AM   #1

preview aperture

I do not understand the preview on the Ricoh GR. I see no change when I press the side button. Does my device is defective? more it does not work with the TV selection only TAV AV M and P (a small wheel appears, but that does not change)
Maybe I do not know how to use!
thank you to those who know

04-21-2014, 03:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
To my mind the aperture preview is the most useless feature ever invented. On film SLRs it would stop down the aperture to the manual or auto setting to give you an idea of depth of field of field, but once stopped down you could hardly see anything through the lens anymore. With live view cameras, it should compensate for the loss of light but all it will ever do is bring more of the scene into focus. You will only notice extreme foreground or background coming into better focus with aperture preview, thats all, and even then you may not notice anything unless you actually have a scene with foreground and background objects.
04-21-2014, 04:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
ricoh gr

Je préfère poursuivre en français en espérant tomber sur un francophone

Je suis tout à fait d'accord avec l'intérêt que représente la profondeur de champ
mais ma question concernait la mise en oeuvre sur le ricoh GR car comme je viens de le dire je ne vois pas comment
techniquement le mettre en oeuvre.
IL ne marche (petit pictogramme sur l'écran) qu'en AV TAV P M pas en TV et je ne vois rien comme changement sur l'écran à part ce pictogramme.
04-21-2014, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by witzky Quote
Je préfère poursuivre en français en espérant tomber sur un francophone

Je suis tout à fait d'accord avec l'intérêt que représente la profondeur de champ
mais ma question concernait la mise en oeuvre sur le ricoh GR car comme je viens de le dire je ne vois pas comment
techniquement le mettre en oeuvre.
IL ne marche (petit pictogramme sur l'écran) qu'en AV TAV P M pas en TV et je ne vois rien comme changement sur l'écran à part ce pictogramme.
If you prefer to use French, then perhaps you should post in the French section of the forum here.

04-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Bienvenue. Je crois que ce ne soit pas difficile pour les experts a vous comprendre aujourd'hui (aussi avec Google Translate partout), mais ...

... that being said, if you don't get too many responses, it may be because not too many folks here have the Ricoh GR. Not because it is a bad camera. Rather, it is something of a specialty/luxury camera that not everyone can afford.

Bonne chance!