Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax the beginning of the revolution

I'm new to the site, and the old film photography. I have three old cameras are my companions today K1000, MZ7, MZS, accompanied the digital age with a k100d, kx and K5.

Reading the discussions in the forum think everyone here wants a full frame camera, each fotokina the question again, and with the announcement of dubious k-s1 arrives!

As this site has global relevance, why not make a document for
Ricoh showing our interest in launching a full frame camera,
describe the features we want, and make a world undersigned asking Pentax full frame.

I doubt if one day we see and how we see this full frame camera.

I think it's a pioneering attitude that may surprise Ricoh, here in Brazil
we have a facebook page discussing Pentax, we can use our efforts and pass this petition in every corner of the world.
Hopefully you know Ricoh moves to launch something full frame, if money and posiveis customers what they want, we have in our favor

Free advertising for Ricoh,
a huge uproar over the world Theme pentax full frame are creating the perfect environment for them to launch the camera.
potential customers worldwide,
who knows if any periodical does not cover our demonstration, more advertising

What do you think? Possible, any interested? Or something crazy?

08-29-2014, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Search a little and I'm sure you'll find almost the same message you posted dozens of times through the forums.
08-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi

sorry I have not researched, but there is something going?

the idea is to be practical and start this today undersigned or as fast as possible.

speak seriously while my proposal!
08-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by willeisner Quote
I dunno. In 2011 or 2012, I would've stayed up past midnight on the day it was first allowed to be pre-purchased, in order to be first in line.

It's 2014. If it's announced at photokina, which is might still be, I might purchase it.

08-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

. . .

Check out this thread.

It appears to be a lost cause. Even Adam seems to have given up hope.
I like your enthusiasm, but I believe Ricoh just isn't interested in what we think or say.
08-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi

sorry I have not researched, but there is something going?

the idea is to be practical and start this today undersigned or as fast as possible.

speak seriously while my proposal!
Why should anyone "speak seriously" about your less than original proposal? It's already been proposed repeatedly, for several years now.
08-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
Banned

What day is it ?

08-29-2014, 11:39 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by all thumbs Quote
Check out this thread.

It appears to be a lost cause. Even Adam seems to have given up hope.
I like your enthusiasm, but I believe Ricoh just isn't interested in what we think or say.
I think they're interested.

I think they've just not be able to provide us what we want. So instead, they give us what they have.

08-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Hey... I hate to be the bearer of tidings but guess what...... You don't need revolution or petitions to get full frame, it's already out there and available for you to spend your hard earned bucks on.... So why wait on Ricoh/Pentax go out here an get one.
08-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Hey... I hate to be the bearer of tidings but guess what...... You don't need revolution or petitions to get full frame, it's already out there and available for you to spend your hard earned bucks on.... So why wait on Ricoh/Pentax go out here an get one.
Yup. If you're ok with manual focus and aperture control... it'll even take your old K-mount glass.
08-29-2014, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

I'm new to the site, and the old film photography. I have three old cameras are my companions today K1000, MZ7, MZS, accompanied the digital age with a k100d, kx and K5.
Thanks for your input. Hope you enjoy our community.
08-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Yup. If you're ok with manual focus and aperture control... it'll even take your old K-mount glass.
Hmmmm... I guess you never seen or heard of Pentax auto focusing 135mm film cameras and lenses huh? Still quite a few out there.

My comment was more about if one is so desperate and feels the need they have to have a FF digital then those are already out there, go buy one instead of complaining, talk of starting petitions or inciting talk of revolution how Ricoh/Pentax isn't listening. Trust me I spent a few years with these same type complaints over at the Olympus forums, guess what it ain't going to get you squat. I live by the old saying if what ya got don't float your boat then get rid of your boat and go buy a boat ya think will float ya better. Hence why I am not using Olympus anymore
08-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Hmmmm... I guess you never seen or heard of Pentax auto focusing 135mm film cameras and lenses huh? Still quite a few out there.
I have one. I have an old MX, too. They're fun. So I think I've seen them. I don't know if I've heard about them. Unless you count mirror slaps.

Just to bring you up to speed - the 'full frame' forum is about a hypothetical digital full frame. It was created so we could harp on Pentax to create a full frame camera, without distracting people who don't care.
08-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Ah I see... The complainers corner. Ok got it now ... bye.. Harp away
08-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I think they're interested.

I think they've just not be able to provide us what we want. So instead, they give us what they have.

Sadly, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

And yet, we keep on hoping...