Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
10-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
mr (unknown member)

QuoteOriginally posted by dtmateojr Quote
I don't want to go down that rabbit hole but that is BS. But in case you are interested:

Debunking Equivalence | Demo Mateo
Why did you get banned from dpreview, did I miss something?

10-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Why did you get banned from dpreview, did I miss something?

Ask the mods. They "featured" an article that was purely wrong and stupid and they didn't want them to be exposed. Have a read on that article and see how many photographers are mocking it.

Can you defend your equivalence-fu or are you no different to the other fauxtogs in dpreview?
10-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #138
Veteran Member

I don't want to go down that rabbit hole but that is BS. But in case you are interested:

If you think that smaller apertures (as in the square area) allow in as much light as larger apertures they you are already down the rabbit hole.

The larger the aperture the more light you project on the sensor. Its a basic rule of exposure. Do you want to argue this point?
10-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
If you think that smaller apertures (as in the square area) allow in as much light as larger apertures they you are already down the rabbit hole.

The larger the aperture the more light you project on the sensor. Its a basic rule of exposure. Do you want to argue this point?

Then you do not understand f-stop at all. If you do not understand f-stop then you do not understand exposure. Ergo you do not understand photography.

For the record, aperture is NOT THE SAME as f-stop. Aperture by itself does not explain exposure. You are completely ignoring the effect of focal length. I will not attempt to educate you further. You are very deep down the equivalence-fu rabbit hole like that guy sherman. Getting out of that trap is worse than changing religion. I advise you to stay where you are and continue believing the BS.

10-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #140
Veteran Member

Then you do not understand f-stop at all. If you do not understand f-stop then you do not understand exposure. Ergo you do not understand photography.

For the record, aperture is NOT THE SAME as f-stop. Aperture by itself does not explain exposure. You are completely ignoring the effect of focal length. I will not attempt to educate you further. You are very deep down the equivalence-fu rabbit hole like that guy sherman. Getting out of that trap is worse than changing religion. I advise you to stay where you are and continue believing the BS.
Did you remember to take your medication this morning? The above comment is just about too stupid to respond to.
10-06-2014, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #141
Veteran Member

This just in: the moon landings were faked, and equivalence is wrong.
10-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #142
Veteran Member

Did you remember to take your medication this morning? The above comment is just about too stupid to respond to.

As I have said, please keep believing the equivalence myth. I bet you didn't even read the link I gave you. You are a hopeless case.

---------- Post added 10-07-14 at 08:22 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
This just in: the moon landings were faked, and equivalence is wrong.

Come back when you have a valid counter-argument.
http://dtmateojr.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/debunking-equivalence/

Otherwise please exercise your right to remain silent.

10-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #143
Veteran Member

As I have said, please keep believing the equivalence myth. I bet you didn't even read the link I gave you. You are a hopeless case.

---------- Post added 10-07-14 at 08:22 ----------

Come back when you have a valid counter-argument.

Equivalence is real, and it's the best tool we have to compare photographic capabilities of differently-sized sensors.

Fortunately for Pentaxforums you're the only one remaining who claims otherwise.
10-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #144
Veteran Member

Equivalence is real, and it's the best tool we have to compare photographic capabilities of differently-sized sensors.

Fortunately for Pentaxforums you're the only one remaining who claims otherwise.
Don't waste your time. He was banned from DPR for being an idiot. Don't feed the trolls.
10-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #145
Veteran Member

That is your counter-argument? I'm flabbergasted. :-D

---------- Post added 10-07-14 at 09:35 ----------

Don't waste your time. He was banned from DPR for being an idiot. Don't feed the trolls.

If you can show me your gallery then I might forget what you just said. Otherwise please troll somewhere else.
10-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #146
Veteran Member

That is your counter-argument? I'm flabbergasted. :-D

---------- Post added 10-07-14 at 09:35 ----------

If you can show me your gallery then I might forget what you just said. Otherwise please troll somewhere else.
Why did they ban you from DPR again?
10-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #147
Veteran Member

Didn't they ban him here, several times?
10-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #148
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

An inspired rant!

You, sir, are a first-class misanthrope!
10-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #149
Veteran Member

Should I stay? Or, should I go?

Ok so if you can't argue properly you ban people?

And if you can't shoot you buy more gear? Is that how it works?

---------- Post added 10-07-14 at 10:24 ----------

Didn't they ban him here, several times?

I'm still waiting for your counter-argument :-) But I guess just like the fauxtogs in dpreview you just want me banned because I have exposed the stupidity of many.
10-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #150
Veteran Member

I've explained it to you several times.