Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

oh the wait

Waiting for this FF is killing me.

05-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Don't hold your breath, hoping for an early release.
05-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
Waiting for this FF is killing me
Relax... it's been years to get this far, the end of this year (hopefully) is not that far away now.
05-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #4

In the tech world, this sort of product used to be called "vaporware." Frankly, I can't understand why they announced the FF at about the same time as the k-3 II. Seems to me that a lot of people will hold off on the k-3 II until they see what the FF looks like spec and price-wise.

05-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some people here will hold off, rather than upgrade to the K-3II. Experience with other brands seems to indicate that, though, the majority will not move to 35FF, and those who work at the long end of focal lengths will certainly not be changing, although they may eventually run both formats. On that basis, it's not difficult to see why they refreshed the K-3 at this point in its life cycle.
05-27-2015, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
Waiting for this FF is killing me.
You may want to consider interstellar traveling to help with that
05-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Just think: In another ten years we'll be purchasing plans to make our own cameras on our Ronco 3D printers.
And we'll be complaining about how long it takes to download the print file on a 100 Tbit connection. And in
300 years we'll be complaining about the lag time on that damn matter replicator....

05-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mechmike10 Quote
In the tech world, this sort of product used to be called "vaporware." Frankly, I can't understand why they announced the FF at about the same time as the k-3 II. Seems to me that a lot of people will hold off on the k-3 II until they see what the FF looks like spec and price-wise.
No, "vaporware" is a product that was announced but not released nor cancelled. With the FF DSLR, they only announced that it will be done by the end of the year (estimate October/November). We cannot say it wasn't released, since the release date is still in the future.
The old FF project is not vaporware either, as it was officially canceled.

Most DSLR sales are APS-C, announcing a FF doesn't mean they should ignore the larger segment.
05-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
Pentaxian

If you wait more for something, you'll appreciate it more, and while you wait you don't spend your money. If you were with Nikon or Canon, you'd not have to wait and you'd only be limited by the money you have.
Thanks to Pentax we save a lot of money (hummm or is this more expensive to go through a K-5, then a K-5II then a K-3 then a K-3II, instead of having just bought a D800 for the same money? It's amazing how long the D800 holds its value). I think Ricoh engineering staff are completely swamped thanks to the early announcements of their marketing crew who have ambitious plans for there customers. DFA 150-450 finally reach the shops, no answer regarding the K-3 firmware v1.20 that is meant to work with the DFA 150-450. They must have serious internal engineering issues at Ricoh.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 05-27-2015 at 03:08 PM.
05-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMO, K-3II is much more a different kind of camera, for specific purpose, than an simple upgrade. So, the upcoming FF will be less afected by K-3II. But I must recognize that some people will hold, and wait to see the specifications of the FF until they will decide if they will buy K-3II or not. So, I think that K-3II will be more influenced by the waiting for FF, than the other way around.

By the way, do someone knows when those specifications for the FF will be announce?
05-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
We cannot say it wasn't released, since the release date is still in the future.
Maybe he have access to a time machine...