Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #1

Query on Contax CY-mount Zeiss on Pentax FF

Anyone using or know whether Contax CY-mount Zeiss lenses will work on the K-1?

08-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
with correct replacement bayonet, yes
Zeiss Contax lens for Pentax cameras
08-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You want to make sure that you are acquiring the MM version of the C/Y mount. That is the one with the f22 aperture printed in green.

08-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah... been doin' that. These are VERY nice. I've seen the Leitax adapter mounts, but on my APS-C I've used Metabones. Would probably look for something on that line first.

08-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jwmster Quote
I've seen the Leitax adapter mounts, but on my APS-C I've used Metabones. Would probably look for something on that line first.
Good luck...Metabones does not support Pentax-K. The reason why the comments above mentioned Leitax is that it is reasonable way to mount C/Y to Pentax-K while retaining full optical quality and infinity focus with the longer lens registration distance. AFAIK there are no adapters that allow both.

Steve
08-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

At this point I must mention the Adaptist PK+MM Multi-Mount, which I used to replace the stock K-mount on my K-30 and only looked back once (when I spent a summer week in Florida and couldn't afford to take chances with the weather sealing). There has been no official word yet on whether it is compatible with the K-1.

One advantage of the Multi-Mount over the Leitax method is that it works for all Contax/Yashica lenses, not just the narrow-mount MM ones. Also, the same mount lets you use Olympus OM and Nikon F lenses too. The only problems are the reduced weather sealing and the need to clip 3 mm off of the aperture actuation lever and guard if you want to shoot at anything other than wide open (though Adaptist claims this will not affect the lens's operation with a C/Y camera).

And I'm not just saying this because I couldn't get the last base screw off of my Planar 50/1.7 to replace the mount. Speaking of which, anyone know where I can get a tiny JIS screwdriver? Phillips apparently won't cut it.
08-27-2016, 05:15 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
At this point I must mention the Adaptist PK+MM Multi-Mount, which I used to replace the stock K-mount on my K-30 and only looked back once (when I spent a summer week in Florida and couldn't afford to take chances with the weather sealing). There has been no official word yet on whether it is compatible with the K-1.

One advantage of the Multi-Mount over the Leitax method is that it works for all Contax/Yashica lenses, not just the narrow-mount MM ones. Also, the same mount lets you use Olympus OM and Nikon F lenses too. The only problems are the reduced weather sealing and the need to clip 3 mm off of the aperture actuation lever and guard if you want to shoot at anything other than wide open (though Adaptist claims this will not affect the lens's operation with a C/Y camera).

And I'm not just saying this because I couldn't get the last base screw off of my Planar 50/1.7 to replace the mount. Speaking of which, anyone know where I can get a tiny JIS screwdriver? Phillips apparently won't cut it.
Wow, if this thing is compatible with K-1,it can actually open up a whole world for me

08-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blan01 Quote
Wow, if this thing is compatible with K-1,it can actually open up a whole world for me
I would wait on the purchase until after your K-1 warranty expires. Also note that their product has not been tested with the K-1 for matters like mirror clearance.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-27-2016 at 06:57 PM.
08-27-2016, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
Speaking of which, anyone know where I can get a tiny JIS screwdriver? Phillips apparently won't cut it.
Indeed...Phillips are not the proper cross-point drivers to use on a Japanese camera/lens. For a good selection of JIS:

Micro-Tools - Micro-Tools

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-27-2016 at 06:57 PM.
08-27-2016, 11:17 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Indeed...Phillips are not the proper cross-point drivers to use on a Japanese camera/lens. For a good selection of JIS:

Micro-Tools - Micro-Tools

Steve
Yes - JIS works much better. Also, during assembly at least one of the screws were glued in. I'v read that by touching the head of the screws with something like a soldering iron for an instant to break the bond, works well.

08-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by blan01 Quote
I believe these are held in place simply through tension, without a true lock for the lens. This was the largest turn-off for me.