Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HDMI output same as LCD in live view?

I want to use a K-3 for some macro work plugged into a large HD monitor using the HDMI output. I need to be sure that live view outputs the HD signal at the same time as what is on the back LCD, anyone ever tried that? I need that feature for some delicate work because a 3" monitor is a little small for that. Thanks for any infos.

04-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VE2CJW Quote
I want to use a K-3 for some macro work plugged into a large HD monitor using the HDMI output. I need to be sure that live view outputs the HD signal at the same time as what is on the back LCD, anyone ever tried that? I need that feature for some delicate work because a 3" monitor is a little small for that. Thanks for any infos.
Yes, it is exactly the same, which is both a good thing and a bad thing.

The bad thing about it is that you cannot get a clean output with no symbols, so you cannot use it to record on an external recorder. You can switch off most of the stuff but there always remains something.

It is however fine to connect to a larger monitor. Note that when you plug in the external monitor the LCD on the back switches off, but I don;t suppose you would need that once you can see it on the external monitor.
04-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks. This is really what I need. Take care.