Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #1

K3 Silver Scratches.

Well... I think I'm the first such case to have scratches on the K3.

It just appear suddenly, never rough it up and quite carefully taking it out of the bag. There's a lot of minute scratches near the shutter side, which is weird because only my finger goes near there and the last I know I didn't have nails growing out of my finger.

Any idea on resolving the issue? Would it buff out or should I bring it down to the service center.

04-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is leaving it like it is an option?

Last edited by geomez; 04-19-2014 at 10:59 PM.
04-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I'd leaving it like it is an option?
Urmm, I don't really understand what you are trying to say?

I mean, does the service center even service this kind of chipping problems? It's not very clear from the pictures but it's obvious if you look at it physically. I have done a thorough check throughout the body and the battery grip and only this particular area is affected.
04-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yasuo Quote
Urmm, I don't really understand what you are trying to say?

I mean, does the service center even service this kind of chipping problems? It's not very clear from the pictures but it's obvious if you look at it physically. I have done a thorough check throughout the body and the battery grip and only this particular area is affected.
I think this kind of wear-and-tear is normal, it's just almost impossible to see on the black version. Warranty doesn't cover cosmetic repairs, unfortunately.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At the end this is a camera, a tool to take pictures - out there is the real world.
If you have bought the K3 for this purpose you should not care at all. And most likely it will collect more scartches and marks over time.
04-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is leaving it like it is an option?
The reason I ask is because if leaving it like it is is an option then just don't worry about it. It's not that easy to lug around two pounds of painted metal without it getting a mark.
If it's not an option, like if you were borrowing it and they said "not a scratch!", then it's time to worry.

Last edited by geomez; 04-19-2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Spellling
04-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #7

Original Poster
The reason I ask is because if leaving it like it is is an option then just don't worry about it. It's not that easy to lug around two pounds of painted metal without it getting a mark.
If it's not an option, like if you were borrowing it and they said "not a scratch!", then it's time to worry.
I see,

I'm just concerned as I keep my stuff carefully and was quite surprised that its only a month old and this scratches start appearing when my previous K30 is still holding well 2 years on.

04-20-2014, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #8
Banned

This is your camera showing that it has a life and does make images in real life.
04-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #9

I can not wait to get mine.
04-20-2014, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #10
Banned

It's just a way off showing how hard you work:

My K-5 Silver is still working and almost 170k images. The K-3 Silver is just a puppy with just 14k.
04-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Consider the scratch like scars on fine leather.
04-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It's just a way off showing how hard you work:

My K-5 Silver is still working and almost 170k images. The K-3 Silver is just a puppy with just 14k.

I assumed the flash housing would be silver plastic like the black version is black plastic instead of black plastic painted silver.
04-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #13
Banned

I assumed the flash housing would be silver plastic like the black version is black plastic instead of black plastic painted silver.
The flash housing a like the black one, but no idea how the painting on it is and if different then the rest.