Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K3 In built flash

Could someone please enlighten me as to how to set the in-built flash to OFF............it appears to have every other setting bar this one

08-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Erm, don't pop it up and it won't fire

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Erm, don't pop it up and it won't fire
thanks Adam, that simple................unlike the Kr which sometimes decides to add flash [when deemed necessary] and then it helps to be able to turn it off ahhhhhhhhhhhh
08-30-2014, 01:10 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, sometimes it's so simple it's hard to spot. I really hate cameras that decide to pop up the flash unasked.

08-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

Yep, sometimes it's so simple it's hard to spot. I really hate cameras that decide to pop up the flash unasked.
Ha ha, My mom's point and shoot camera kept doing that to me, it put a glare where I didn't want one. I didn't know her camera and if I could turn it off.
08-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jbarry Quote
thanks Adam, that simple................unlike the Kr which sometimes decides to add flash [when deemed necessary] and then it helps to be able to turn it off ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Exactly right. The K-r's flash is electronically controlled, so it could pop up on its own. On the K-3 and other advanced bodies, the switch is mechanical so the flash won't fire unless you yourself pop it up.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Exactly right. The K-r's flash is electronically controlled, so it could pop up on its own. On the K-3 and other advanced bodies, the switch is mechanical so the flash won't fire unless you yourself pop it up.
Thanks Adam, that has truly cleared the issue