Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2014, 04:13 AM   #1

Pentax K3 Limited Edition Strap

Hi everybody, I just bought the new Pentax K3 but I dont like the strap I got inside. Is possible to buy separately the strap of the Limited edition?
Thank you so much

10-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not outside of Japan, even if there. You would have to find someone willing to sell one that came with the silver premium edition K-3. I have one and don't use it, but if I sold it I would no longer have the full premium "set," so to speak.
10-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have a look at Black Rapid sling shot strap instead or Peak Design straps.
10-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Yos Quote
Have a look at Black Rapid sling shot strap instead or Peak Design straps.
I think the OP is interested in a nice leather strap.

Steve

10-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry Ted, I've looked around a lot for leather straps myself. The only ones I've found that have been 'worth it' are awfully expensive, like HoldFast Gear.
10-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
what about the wapiti Wapiti Straps - Handcrafted camera strap for the Photojournalist
10-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

THE "PRO-LEATHER" - SUN-SNIPER Englisch
like black rapid, but leather.

10-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A brand the Japanese love is the Artist & Artisan.

Artisan & Artist | OFFICIAL WEBSITE
10-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Not outside of Japan, even if there. You would have to find someone willing to sell one that came with the silver premium edition K-3. I have one and don't use it, but if I sold it I would no longer have the full premium "set," so to speak.
ok so you are not selling it right? thank you anyway!
10-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #10
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not the Limited Edition, and may not be any better than the one included with the K-3, but there are different two straps available from Pentax supposedly for the K-3 (black and red). I have not tried these, so I can't comment on their quality or comfort. I can, however, recommend the Tamrac Boomerang as well as the BlackRapid Sport Slim (for when I have my big lenses attached).

Pentax Neck Strap for K-3 Digital SLR Camera (Black) 38613 B&H
Pentax Neck Strap for K-3 Digital SLR Camera (Red) 38614 B&H

Last edited by klh; 10-22-2014 at 09:57 AM.
10-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by ted92 Quote
Hi everybody, I just bought the new Pentax K3 but I dont like the strap I got inside. Is possible to buy separately the strap of the Limited edition?
Thank you so much
I have replaced the straps on nearly all my cameras, Pentax or otherwise. I have gone for comfort and practicality to add enjoyment to my photography. It also makes the cameras look more like picture taking tools rather than expensive items of photographic jewellry. Use the K3 for what is meant to be.....a camera!. Choose the most useful strap for your style of photography. It does not matter who makes it as long as it works for you. Who knows you might even find your ideal strap is (a used) one made by Canon or Nikon (never mind the purists!) Some good suggestions for OEM's products have however been made in previous posts to this thread.

By the way the original straps that came with my cameras are now in cold storage along with boxes in the event of trading, in the hope of getting a better price. I agree with other forum member who has already suggested that you do that as well.

Enjoy your K3 and do not forget to post some pictures once you have got a vague idea as to what all its bells and whistles do.
10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lochness Quote
I have replaced the straps on nearly all my cameras, Pentax or otherwise. I have gone for comfort and practicality to add enjoyment to my photography.
The same is true for me. I prefer the cotton webbing of the Domke Gripper strap. Mine are sort of a nondescript dull blue and don't shout anything about brand.

Steve
10-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
Veteran Member

If you specifically want the K3 limited strap, have you considered posting about it here: Wanted Items - PentaxForums.com ?

I think the Prestige model has its own special strap, too.
10-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #14

Original Poster
Thank you so much, you've all been really helpful!
I'll try in Wanted Items - PentaxForums.com