Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HDR mode and post processing

I've seen some of the posts on the K-3 HDR single-DNG files, but a lot of the discussion was pre-Lr 6. Lr now has the ability itself to create HDR DNGs, which it does by default with its HDR tool. Are the K-3II generated HDR single file DNGs the same? I know when I look at one in Digital Camera software it looks very different, but I put that down to the latter's raw conversion, since all my DNGs start out looking different.

And I got very different results with the Lr HDR process after I separated out the three bracketed shots from the in-camera HDR.

Bottom line: better results with the in-camera HDR single file, or doing it in PP with three files?

11-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
PP more control on HDR fusion parameters and end result. I use Huggins and for HDR blending and Luminance HDR both free software and very performant- outperforms Lr easily!
11-30-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
rfg

My impression of both merge tools in LR6 (HDR and panorama) is they have limited controls but work well. I'm especially impressed with the pano tool; I took a 3 shot panorama off the back of a ferry the other week, so with moving wake/waves, and I cant find any obvious stitching faults.
12-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #4

check out Macphuns Aurora..... it's amazing