Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Where is my shipment headed next?

I work outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is only 2 hours away from the major New York online retailers. I am lucky because I can have stuff shipped from the major New York-area online retailers at the cheapest possible ground rate, and sometimes it shows up overnight!

So anyhow, I had some points that were going to expire, so I decided to order the 07 Shield Mount Lens, the smallest lens ever, a little 0.25 pound thing. Probably one of my smallest shipments ever, outside of ebay stuff.

It started in Bridgeport, New Jersey, just across the state line from Philadelphia. I guess the warehouse is there.

Then it went to Philadelphia.

Then Capitol Heights, Maryland.

Then Greensboro, North Carolina

Now, after 10 days, it is back in New Jersey, but in Jersey City, which is just across the state line from New York City. So it's closer than North Carolina, but still farther than its starting place. Where will it go next?

There funny thing is that I actually live in central New Jersey, almost halfway between New York City and Philadelphia, and drive to the Philadelphia suburbs for work. Every day.

Another funny thing is that the expected delivery date, according to the shipper, is still 4 days ago. Now that will be a neat trick.

I'm not complaining, just find this to be really amusing.

Is this part of a "travelling lens" photo challenge that I don't know about? If you see my lens, please take some nice photos. If you see a garden gnome holding my lens, please take pictures of both.

Attached Images

07-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By the time it finally gets to you, lets hope the rectangular box is not round from all the handling.
07-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That's just amazing especially as I recently bought two used lenses from two different Ebay sellers in Japan and both lenses got to me in Canada in five business days or less!
07-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They must be having a lull in shipments and want to justify their jobs.

07-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For many years I've thought, "Where would the USPS be without eBay and Priority Mail? At least they do package shipping right."
07-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too funny! I'm betting it's going back to NC, or maybe MD. The package is certainly getting its share of moving and processing. Lots of processing.

I'll keep my eye open for it up here, in case UPS decides to collaborate with Canada Post. Yeah, a bit of trans-border customs processing might speed things up...

(just kidding, of course. Hope you receive it soon)

- Craig