Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good Book On Available Light

The one author comes across as a bit of a know it all here and there. He has very definite opinions on how to do or not do certain things, something that I tend find amusing when I run across such statements, I will admit, but overall I really, really liked this book and would suggest it as a very good read for anyone who wants to learn more about how to use available light. It's along the lines of the Peterson books. It's very easy to understand when it comes to concept and language and would make a good companion on the bookshelf with Peterson's books, helpful I think for a beginner to intermediate photographer.

Just Available Light by Rod & Robin Deutschmann

Amazon link:

Just Available Light: Techniques for Digital Photographers (Fast Photo Expert): Rod Deutschmann, Robin Deutschmann: 9781608955565: Amazon.com: Books

09-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see a 'just one flash' by the same author.. nice to see these are e-books as well!
09-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have his Studio Lighting Unplugged too but I haven't gotten to that as yet. As with Peterson the way he writes makes me laugh sometimes but the info is very, very useful. When it comes to this subject I also like the videos of Sue Bryce. I have learned more useful stuff about using available/natural light from her. She's on CreativeLive, if you're interested...
09-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for this info.

10-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You are very welcome.