Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dumb Question But...

Does anyone know what the little triangular rings on some cameras are called? I'm looking for some of these but I can't find any packs of them probably because they have some specific hardware name that I'm not aware of besides just "triangular camera rings." I'm using very small O rings to connect hooks up to my straps on my K-30's because that's all I could find so far. The hooks I use can't be hooked to the camera's strap slots, too big, but the O rings are a bit awkward looking even at that small a size. The ones on my E-P3's are perfect. I'd really prefer to have ones that look like this. They're sort of like small triangular key rings with plastic clips over that.

http://cdn2.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Olympus-PEN-EP3-04.jpg

09-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Camera strap lug ring.
I just typed camera strap ring into eBay and they came up.
09-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, that helps. Lug was the word I could not remember there for a sec. Unfortunately so far that's the only place I can find them and I don't use Ebay. I may have to resort to pulling some off my damaged cameras. I think I might have a couple of pairs on some old film cameras that are in non working order now that I think about it. I would have preferred new ones but I guess I can cannibalize the old broken cameras if they have some. I'll have to check and see. I need three pairs...

Ah, finally found some but darn they're expensive little buggers! Definitely going to be cannibalizing I think....

http://www.amazon.com/Hama-Split-Rings-Triangular-027902/dp/B00006JCX6/ref=s...lar+split+ring.