Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
flickr craziness

Anyone else had this happen? I had a flickr account and I went to log in and it was gone. I went to log into yahoo email that I got to sign up with flickr and I could not get in. I contact customer service and they said if you have not logged in to the email account in 12 months from a desktop, they delete your account. I signed up 9 months ago. And I got mail to the account today in my pop email client so it is not deleted. so, they are just deleting accounts now?

07-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
Anyone else had this happen? I had a flickr account and I went to log in and it was gone. I went to log into yahoo email that I got to sign up with flickr and I could not get in. I contact customer service and they said if you have not logged in to the email account in 12 months from a desktop, they delete your account. I signed up 9 months ago. And I got mail to the account today in my pop email client so it is not deleted. so, they are just deleting accounts now?
Another major glitch from Flickr?

Although I haven't had problems as of late, this could be because you had not logged in for a while .... Flickr made some log in changes a few months ago .... not sure
On the other hand, I used to log in via my Facebook account but this was eventually dispatched.
Took me a while to get back in there though!
I wonder if you can still access the "Help" section of Flickr ...? This could provide with some solutions?

JP
07-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Another major glitch from Flickr?

Although I haven't had problems as of late, this could be because you had not logged in for a while .... Flickr made some log in changes a few months ago .... not sure
On the other hand, I used to log in via my Facebook account but this was eventually dispatched.
Took me a while to get back in there though!
I wonder if you can still access the "Help" section of Flickr ...? This could provide with some solutions?

JP
I have been emailing back and forth. They said I had not logged in for 12 months but I havent had the account that long.
I'm kind of annoyed about the whole thing. it is very hard to actually find direct support.
07-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does this affect Flickr photostream and albums etc, or just email?

07-04-2015, 04:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
... they said if you have not logged in to the email account in 12 months from a desktop, they delete your account.
This sounds very odd, given that they have developed apps for tablets and phones that allow most of the features available in a web browser, which you can use from those non-desktop devices as well. I presume by "desktop" they mean a computer, using a web browser.
07-04-2015, 05:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
This sounds very odd, given that they have developed apps for tablets and phones that allow most of the features available in a web browser, which you can use from those non-desktop devices as well. I presume by "desktop" they mean a computer, using a web browser.
yes, that is what the email said. laptop or computer.

"I understand your frustration. Your account was disabled due to inactivity. Accounts must be signed in to at least once every 12 months from a desktop or laptop computer to prevent deletion.

It appears that you have not actively accessed your account in the past 12 months, but merely retrieved emails via the forwarding feature.

Unfortunately, setting up a forwarding email address in your account does not prevent the account from becoming inactive. Inactivity can only be prevented by actively logging in to the account using a desktop or laptop at least once every 12 months'

Eduardo didn't respond after I said my email account was only 9 months old...

---------- Post added 07-04-15 at 08:42 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Does this affect Flickr photostream and albums etc, or just email?
both are gone. I got no response after the first email, so I had to create a new email and new flickr account. because my email was deleted, my flickr account was too
07-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #7

I haven't used my flickr account in well over a year but it is still there. I do use the associated yahoo account to log into yahoo groups though.