Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Disney

The fa77 is strictly a portrait lens. You can not get back far enough. The nice lady that goes through the bags when entering was nice enough to take it out of the outside pocket and jab it in between 3 gallon bags of ice in the main compartment.

18-135. Not enough light letting in.

The go to 21 ruled the week.

The fast 50 dominated the portraits. Great pics but no pixie dust.

The 40 pancake was deployed but due to torrents of rain not used so much.

07-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Just got back from Disney (in Florida) about a week ago and my 18-135 ruled the week. One lens covered everything and stayed out in the rain or rides involving water with no worries. No lens changes to hassle with while trying to monitor the kids and dealing with humid 95-100 degree heat. Of course outside Disney, my FA 31 ruled.
07-07-2015, 05:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I used to take a bunch of lenses when I go to Disneyland, but spent more time changing lenses, because what I had on the camera was never right for the situation. Now I just take one lens and make it work. Sometimes it's the 18-135, sometimes it's the SMC M-28 F2.8.
But I live close to Disneyland and have the chance to go quite often, so If I could only go once in a while, I would take the 18-135 and a fast wide angle prime for the dark rides.
07-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by condor27596 Quote
The fa77 is strictly a portrait lens. You can not get back far enough. The nice lady that goes through the bags when entering was nice enough to take it out of the outside pocket and jab it in between 3 gallon bags of ice in the main compartment.

18-135. Not enough light letting in.

The go to 21 ruled the week.

The fast 50 dominated the portraits. Great pics but no pixie dust.

The 40 pancake was deployed but due to torrents of rain not used so much.
Which fast 50?

And why did the rain keep the 40 out, but the 21 and 50 were used, even though they're not WR?

It seems like you didn't have such a great time at Disney? What was that about the 77 and the ice, anyway? They kept your lens at the park entrance? Why?

07-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The fa 50 1.4. Great pics but not magical. The 77 survived 4 hours in ice ( until lunch when I found it there )

The 21 in the rain as I never changed lenses in the diwnpour. That is the only reason. Jus it is better for selfies.

We had a fantastic time. Just not so many pics as I wanted. 25 rides in 13 hours. ( includes duplicates ). If you know a Disney park that is kicking a$$.
Add to that pics with Anna Elsa rapunzel and Cinderella.

Blizzard beach typhoon lagoon Dino world glow in the dark putt putt and the helium balloon ride. All topped off by staying in a water park resort for $55 a night through Groupon. July 4 fireworks in Kissimmee. Ft de soto beach with jet ski and visited friends.
We go back in August. It's economics. It's 1/3 the cost per night in Florida than nc.

I've not gone through the pics yet. The best ones are at south of the border ( sc).

I did not mean to imply we had a bad time. Any day at Disney is a better day than in nc.

---------- Post added 07-07-15 at 08:36 PM ----------

I carried an 80s style Alice pack with no frame. Much lighter than a book bag back pack and more room. Lenses in the outside pockets and money and phone and Fuji camera for video. The upper inside compartment sunscreen. The main compartment ice drinks and food.

Doing it again I will take more ice more drinks less lenses less food. We are not long to magic kingdom on the next trip. It will be dinosaurs and swimming only.