Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2016, 01:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Used lenses and camera stores in Chicago

Hi all,

does anybody knows about second-hand (used) lense and camera stores in Chicago where I could find some film era manual or autofocus lenses for Pentax camera (PK, m42)?
Thank you

05-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Good luck in your quest, I'm the wrong side of the puddle to have any helpful knowledge.
05-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Central Camera Company
230 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60604
Central Camera Company I Photography Supply Chicago, IL

I have been here. They have a nice selection of used gear. Lots of old K lenses. When I was there, they didn't have a 135mm

Happy hunting
05-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
Central Camera Company

I have been here. They have a nice selection of used gear. Lots of old K lenses. When I was there, they didn't have a 135mm

Happy hunting
Thank you. This store is one in my list now 😊

05-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have looked a few times on craigslist for Pentax gear just for the fun of it because I live about 4 hours from Chicago. Now, I do not know if this person has a small shop or is selling out of his home but he has a lot of ads listed for all types of used gear including Pentax.

chicago for sale - craigslist

As with anything on craigslist, be careful about where you will meet and take a friend or two.

After looking at a street view on Google, I am starting to believe this seller is selling out of his house and Grand and Harlem is the closest big cross street to where he lives.

Last edited by bigdavephoto; 05-24-2016 at 08:55 AM. Reason: More information
05-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
I have looked a few times on craigslist for Pentax gear just for the fun of it because I live about 4 hours from Chicago. Now, I do not know if this person has a small shop or is selling out of his home but he has a lot of ads listed for all types of used gear including Pentax.

chicago for sale - craigslist

As with anything on craigslist, be careful about where you will meet and take a friend or two.

After looking at a street view on Google, I am starting to believe this seller is selling out of his house and Grand and Harlem is the closest big cross street to where he lives.
Thank you Big Dave☺
05-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
Central Camera Company

Happy hunting
Kept meaning to go there when I last stayed in Chicago. I was staying at the Silversmith in jeweler's row and it was only a few blocks from my hotel... unfortunately it was a few blocks in the opposite direction from where I thought it was, and it was "it hurts to breathe, why are we in a place where it hurts to breathe?" level of cold, and neither one of us wanted to go there after we realized how far we'd gone in the wrong direction -- it was hot showers and delivery from Lou Malnati's to round off that day.

*edit* If you do go there, have lunch at the Oasis Cafe a few blocks north. It's fantastic food, and makes for an interesting adventure, because it's sort of buried inside the back of a jewelry store. You literally have to walk through the jewelry store to eat there. http://www.yelp.com/biz/oasis-cafe-chicago

05-24-2016, 11:20 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Kept meaning to go there when I last stayed in Chicago. I was staying at the Silversmith in jeweler's row and it was only a few blocks from my hotel... unfortunately it was a few blocks in the opposite direction from where I thought it was, and it was "it hurts to breathe, why are we in a place where it hurts to breathe?" level of cold, and neither one of us wanted to go there after we realized how far we'd gone in the wrong direction -- it was hot showers and delivery from Lou Malnati's to round off that day.

*edit* If you do go there, have lunch at the Oasis Cafe a few blocks north. It's fantastic food, and makes for an interesting adventure, because it's sort of buried inside the back of a jewelry store. You literally have to walk through the jewelry store to eat there. Oasis Cafe - 88 Photos & 349 Reviews - Mediterranean - The Loop - Chicago, IL - Phone Number - Menu - Yelp
Thank you. That cafe is about 500 m from my hotel