Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photography books

On occasion I buy a photography book or two on recommendation or if I have loaned it from the library and thought I would like it for reference.
One such book was Lee Frost's New A-Z of Creative Photography: Over 50 Techniques Explained in Full. I bought it in paperback from Amazon, sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
The library copy too was paperback, and both copies were printed in China.
I've just returned it for a refund. The print quality in my copy was truly abysmal. I took it along to the library to compare with that copy and it wasn't my imagination, the library copy had thicker matt gloss off white paper with tons of detail in the images. My new copy felt like normal white paper and the colours were garish with much loss of detail.
Had I not known of the true quality I might have thought less of the author, but it must be the printing company going cheap, too cheap.
At least with Amazon it's hassle free to return it. Ho hum.
Something to look out for if you are buying your own photography book Christmas presents from your loved ones.
TTFN

09-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorta sounds like your copy was a bootleg copied on a cheap copier. Thanks for the warning.
09-28-2016, 06:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You may be right about the bootleg version, but it was through Amazon, so curious. I have now emailed the author as it is in his name. Cheers