Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #1

Pitt Lake from Pitt Addington Marsh Wildlife Management Area (BC Canada) HDR
Lens: zeiss Camera: Nokia 808 Pureview 

So i've only ever had a cameraphone most my life (received a NEX3N for chirstmas! woot!) and this photo here has been my most popular that I've ever taken; it's far from fault free but i still thought I would use it to enter the contest

This is two landscape photo turned panorama that I took, with my nokia 808 pureview, from a birdwatch tower, at the titled marsh, but facing towards the mouth of the lake instead

other resolutions

I didn't think it would work out, but I thought I would try joining the 2 landscape shots into a panorama and, aside from some trouble with the bottom left corner and content aware, i think it turned out nicely

thanks for looking!

05-18-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is a nice panorama. However, there seems to be a slightly darker line down the centre where I presume the stitching is. Maybe it is a artefact of vignetting in the originals (?) Having said that, it is a nice view and you have done a stitching job that I could not even attempt.
05-18-2014, 02:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hey thank you

I noticed that line too, at the time, I had no idea how to get rid of something like that (i used Msft ICE to stitch iirc) i'd been meaning to go back to make changes to it but even knowing how to deal with something like that now i'm not sure i'd be able to tackle it lol
it's a shame because it doesn't appear in the non-hdr version or the version i shot from the ground, but the colours aren't as intense in those versions nor are they as popular :/ for instance https://www.flickr.com/photos/64809958@N03/8394312290/sizes/k/ and https://www.flickr.com/photos/64809958@N03/8620302823/sizes/k/

Last edited by stylinred; 05-18-2014 at 02:47 AM.