Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 Contest Round 2 - Perfect Repetition
Lens: Pentax DA 12-24mm f/4 Camera: Pentax K-5 

Founded in 1147, the Cistercian Maulbronn Monastery is considered the most complete and best-preserved medieval monastic complex north of the Alps. I visited the Monastery on weekend and was full impressed with the tranquil atmosphere of this place. I hope, I was able to represent this feel in a picture.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by candid; 06-29-2014 at 08:40 AM.
06-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

IS there some lean, clockwise in this image? Otherwise I like the image. The columns, the windows, the ceiling, even the floor all are repeating 'perfectly'. It does fit the naming.. I noticed a rather sizable crack in the ceiling.. but it travels down the ceiling, so it fits the repetition naming too. hehehe

Nominated.
06-27-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful photo and processing. I like it a lot.
06-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
IS there some lean, clockwise in this image?
The image was not transformed with PS. Simply nothing is really perfect and nothing really repeats itself identically. Thanks a lot, mee for the nomination and Your analysis.

---------- Post added 06-28-14 at 09:45 PM ----------

Thank You very much for the nomination,Rondec!

07-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
IS there some lean, clockwise in this image?
QuoteOriginally posted by candid Quote
The image was not transformed with PS. Simply nothing is really perfect and nothing really repeats itself identically.
MEE is referring to the fact that the image is ever so slightly tilted to the right. For critical photos, I use a tripod and my camera's built in Spirit Level to make sure the horizon is perfectly level. (My Camera = Pentax K-5)

That said, it is still a great photo, I really like it. Good job.