Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2014, 08:20 PM - 2 Likes   #1

Round 2 Curved Reflections
Lens: Tamron 28-75 f2.8 Camera: Pentax K3 

Shot in the studio on a piece of clear plexiglass.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-04-2014, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You have my attention oh fellow competitor for a K3. Really great idea and shot
07-05-2014, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

This shot looks perfect in a landscape orientation but the model would probably want to kill you if you displayed it vertically.
07-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I had my eye on it because pics of hot babes always catch my attention. However in the end I voted for #75. Why? Because anything but pristine skin is a no-no to me (especially on a close up like here). I guess most of guys will agree with me (even if they won't admit it). Don't get me wrong - the tatoo is alright. It even matches the lace. I'm talking about uneven tan (i.e. visible tan marks). I looks on the verge of sunburn to me. Also her back appears orange as if she was using self-tanner -definitely a no. My guess is: had the skin been pristine you would get to top 10
Still it's the reflection what makes this photo noticable. And it obvously did the trick as you progressed to the next round. Congratulations!

Speaking of tan marks there an easy trick in post processing that you can do to treat this. What's cool with this technique it should be ok with purists as it's has nothing to do with making composites. Simply in your raw editing software develop the picture as black&white with red filter (so only consider red channel into the output image). This way whites and reds will appear as a same tone (white or bright gray).
congratulations again!