Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2014, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #1

Green Places (K3 round 2)
Lens: Pentax DA* 16-50 mm Camera: Pentax K7 

This is my entry for round 2.
Located in the amongst the cool temperate rainforests of the Great Otway National Park (Vic, Australia) this is Hopetoun Falls. The falls make an incredible noise and produce a surprising amount of spray and mist, to reach the base of the falls involves a relatively short yet amazing steep walk, however once down there you are greeted by an area which is filled with the most amazingly vibrant green ferns, tree ferns and mosses.

This is a HDR image of the falls taken with my K7 and DA* 16-50 mm. Processed through Photomatix Pro and Photoshop CC.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
07-10-2014, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I totally love this shot.
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Guayabero! I'm really glad you like it.
07-11-2014, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shot, there are several falls down that way that I've been meaning to visit for quite a while, this has inspired me to make the effort.
cheers

07-11-2014, 02:57 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
Beautiful shot, there are several falls down that way that I've been meaning to visit for quite a while, this has inspired me to make the effort.
cheers
Thanks Cee Cee! It's a beautiful spot and certainly worth a trip. Triplet falls are located down there; but they difficult to shoot from a good vantage point. The other falls are Beaumont falls which have a longer walk (approx 1.5 km) but are also worth seeing.
07-11-2014, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful lighting, superb timing and an all round fantastic image of this wonderful location, Aaron The results are definitely worth the trip down those steps!!!!
07-11-2014, 05:21 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil Thomson IPA Quote
Beautiful lighting, superb timing and an all round fantastic image of this wonderful location, Aaron The results are definitely worth the trip down those steps!!!!
Thanks Phil 😊. I really appreciate your comments and I'm glad you liked the photo.

07-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
I thought I recognised those falls. I recently took a similar photo of the falls from the same vantage point but without the HDR. Yours really have those colors standing out. Congratulations on a great photo.
08-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AaronDS Quote
This is my entry for round 2.
Located in the amongst the cool temperate rainforests of the Great Otway National Park (Vic, Australia) this is Hopetoun Falls. The falls make an incredible noise and produce a surprising amount of spray and mist, to reach the base of the falls involves a relatively short yet amazing steep walk, however once down there you are greeted by an area which is filled with the most amazingly vibrant green ferns, tree ferns and mosses.

This is a HDR image of the falls taken with my K7 and DA* 16-50 mm. Processed through Photomatix Pro and Photoshop CC.
Beautifully done, one of the best examples of HDR I have seen.