Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Contest #94- June, 2014 (Hot and Cold)
Contest Number: 94 Contest Theme: Hot and Cold 
Posted By: Adam, 06-01-2014, 12:41 AM

The theme for our official photo contest for June, 2014 is:

Hot and Cold

Show us heat, cold, or a mix of both. Be creative!

Click here to Submit a Photo

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax or a Ricoh camera and be scaled to no larger than 1280x1024px! After clicking on the link above attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. 1 submission per person.

Name:  hot-and-cold-flames[1].jpg
Views: 4101
Size:  44.1 KB

And don't forget to vote for last month's winners!

Prizes:

1st place: $50 B&H gift card + homepage feature; 2nd place:
1-year premium forum account upgrade; 3rd place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

Links:

Information

Click here to submit! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading rules and procedures as linked above.

*As always:

• Start a single thread containing the photo (attached or embedded) you'd like to submit in our submission forum.
  • Do not add your submission as a reply to this thread
  • One photo per user. Please post only one submission thread. Our automated system only checks the latest post within your first thread, so if you are updating your entry, please do so in a reply or make an edit to your original post rather than starting a new thread
  • Photo must be between 300x300 and 1280x1024 pixels, and smaller than 1Mb
  • We prefer that your photos are submitted as attachments - they load faster, and guarantee that you don't exceed limits
Click here to Submit a Photo. Don't post submissions in this thread! (but feel free to ask questions)

Views: 5,214
06-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
How much can a photo be edited? I'm a Pentax user, but my specialty is photomanipulation.
06-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by runintotherain Quote
How much can a photo be edited? I'm a Pentax user, but my specialty is photomanipulation.
As much as you want, just make sure whatever you submit still has general appeal

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax or a Ricoh camera
Was this rule recently added?

06-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Only makes sense

Pentax Forums
06-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
No, for the monthly contest, which this is, it's always been that with Pentax or Ricoh camera.
06-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #7
Marketplace Reseller

When does it close?

06-23-2014, 05:21 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

On the last day of June, otherwise it would be in the next months contest and wouldn't be the same theme.
06-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Yes and no.

Pentaxforums' monthly contents have always been Pentax-only....until the merger with Ricoh, at which point Ricoh cameras were added.

I do also think they allow Samsung DSLRs of the GX10/GX20 type, as those are actually rebranded Pentaxes.
06-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I raised this earlier, again, I feel it should be open for both, either Pentax lens or Pentax camera user. As long Pentax equipment is used - they should be allowed.
06-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I raised this earlier, again, I feel it should be open for both, either Pentax lens or Pentax camera user. As long Pentax equipment is used - they should be allowed.
Right now the monthly contests are still limited to Pentax/Ricoh bodies.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This contest is now closed to submissions.

For the next two weeks, you will be able to nominate finalists via this page:
Monthly Contest Nominations - PentaxForums.com

(this is a new procedure for this and all future contests)

Good luck!

Adam

Closed Thread