Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Contest #113 - January, 2016 (Composite - K-50 Prize!)
Contest Number: 113 Contest Theme: Composite 
Posted By: Ole, 01-03-2016, 05:36 AM

The theme for the official Pentax Forums photo contest for January, 2016 is:

Composite

For this month's contest the theme is "Composite". You image must be a composite of two or more exposures, but you are free to select the subject. The final image can be created in-camera (multi-exposure or interval composite) or in post processing as you see fit. Be prepared to explain the steps you took to create the final image.

Note that for the purpose of this contest, HDR photos and stitched panoramas are not going to be considered composites. For your photo to be considered a composite, at least two frames have to overlap in some way, and those frames must differ in terms of composition.

Click here to Submit a Photo

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax camera or a Ricoh digital camera and be scaled to web-friendly resolution. After clicking on the link above attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. 1 submission per person.

And don't forget to nominate your favorites from last month

Prizes

1st place: Pentax K-50 DSLR body + homepage feature
2nd place: $50 B&H Photo gift card
3rd place:
1-year premium forum account upgrade
4th place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

LinksInformation

If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading the guidelines below:

Views: 19,409
01-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Curious, since most people don't have EXIF for film images, is this to be a digital only competition? It's also somewhat difficult to prove camera make/model with film.
01-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
Forum Member

I have trouble understanding the theme. "You image must be a composite of two or more exposures". English isn't my first language, could someone explain "composite" and "exposure"?
01-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vankasteelj Quote
I have trouble understanding the theme. "You image must be a composite of two or more exposures". English isn't my first language, could someone explain "composite" and "exposure"?
Exposure is another word for photo, essentially. Composite means two or more photos, combined together, like, take one picture of the moon. Then take one of a girl holding both hands high. Combine the 2 images to make it look like the girl is holding up the moon.

01-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
Unregistered User

Hello.

Composite (made from the parts of different) exposures (images taken). The final image/photo will be made of more than just one photo.

---------- Post added 01-04-16 at 01:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Exposure is another word for photo, essentially. Composite means two or more photos, combined together, like, take one picture of the moon. Then take one of a girl holding both hands high. Combine the 2 images to make it look like the girl is holding up the moon.
Oh, sorry, didn't see your reply wolfeye!
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #6

Does this competition only apply to digital photography, or are film photos also accepted?
01-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What is the last day that we can submit an entry?

01-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #8
Forum Member

Thanks a lot, that is what I thought with the results from a raw google image search (but I can't really trust google blindly^^). Happy pic hunting then
01-04-2016, 02:02 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Be prepared to explain the steps you took to create the final image.
With this as a requirement I would guess that working with film is ok.
01-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never shot multiple exposure composites in my K-30...
This should be fun and challenging!
excited to see what people do!
01-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #11

Composite to me means a collage of 2 or more images which are unique exposures unto themselves. This is a process in PS for example where you Photo Merge 2 or more digital images.
01-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #12
maw
Pentaxian

Hi all,

The description is very clear, in any camera can be superimposed over shots and forming a different image, or overlaying and editing parts of images or multiple images in a graphics program.
The resulting image will be a third still different depending on taste or in the level of post processing.
01-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Hi all,

Does it have to be composited strictly from the pictures taken by me ?
01-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tomart Quote
Hi all,

Does it have to be composited strictly from the pictures taken by me ?
Sorry, please don`t pay attention to the previous post.
I uploaded my other picture.
01-04-2016, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Curious, since most people don't have EXIF for film images, is this to be a digital only competition? It's also somewhat difficult to prove camera make/model with film.
No special rules for this contest, so film as well as digital photos are allowed. All metadata fields are optional.

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
What is the last day that we can submit an entry?
January 31st.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: