Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wwortel Quote
Am running Linux. Putting something on SOURCEforge that only has executables will not allow those that opted out of Microsoft to enjoy it.
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Even if he posted the source code you'd compile yourself, are you running equivalent C# libraries to make use of it?
It is a .NET project. That should say enough. It will only run on systems having the .NET runtime. Maybe it will be possible to port to the code to Java

Steve

07-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #47
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is a .NET project. That should say enough. It will only run on systems having the .NET runtime. Maybe it will be possible to port to the code to Java

Steve
Well, Mono and the like implement a subset of .NET, so simple things will work with a recompile.

Up to the developer not to use calls that only work on Windoze.
07-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Well, Mono and the like implement a subset of .NET, so simple things will work with a recompile.

Up to the developer not to use calls that only work on Windoze.
I am not up on Mono and don't work with C# and will take your word for it.

I was just thinking that the API parts of this thread should probably be copied out on a thread of its own. This is valuable stuff.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-01-2015 at 07:15 PM.
07-03-2015, 03:57 AM - 2 Likes   #49

Hi!

The next one is up:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaxks2wifiremote/files/

I changed it form "Alpha" to "Beta", because I think it's quite usable, right now. I added the possibility to mark (check) files at the Treeview and download all the checked files in background to disk.

Did anyone found some serious bugs, until now?

@Pentigor
Does the program fit your needs, or do you need a different functionallity?

czielke

07-07-2015, 06:21 AM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by czielke Quote
Hi!

The next one is up:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaxks2wifiremote/files/

I changed it form "Alpha" to "Beta", because I think it's quite usable, right now. I added the possibility to mark (check) files at the Treeview and download all the checked files in background to disk.

Did anyone found some serious bugs, until now?

@Pentigor
Does the program fit your needs, or do you need a different functionallity?

czielke
"Quite usable" indeed.

It's very useful, considering that the official app has disappeared from the Android store.

Also, unlike a Transcend WiFi SD card, the combination of a K-S2 and your application makes for a very easy connection and transfer IMHO.

Thank you VERY much for this, I hope that you're encouraged to continue with development.

I didn't find any serious bugs, because I'm not expecting a Pro Application, the only "bug" is that I have to shut down PCLOS and start Windows 7.

I can't quite figure out what the two buttons bottom right of the window do, they don't seem to respond visually to clicks, other than that it does everything I was hoping for when I found this thread.
07-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #51

Hi!

Thank you cozzykim for testing the program.

Hopefully you testet the Version 0.1.0.2, because there was a serious bug in the download image function in version 0.1.0.1.

QuoteQuote:
I can't quite figure out what the two buttons bottom right of the window do, they don't seem to respond visually to clicks, other than that it does everything I was hoping for when I found this thread.
I guess, you klicked on the progressbars in the statusline?!?!?
Did you recognized the second tab named "Photo". If you cklick there on the button named "Get file list" the treeview will be filled up with the images from your camera. This also starts a background process for downloading thumbnails. While downloading thumbnails you will see the progress beside the lable "Load thumbnails:.

If you check (mark) some (or all) files at the treeview and than klick on the button "Download files", you will be ask for a path an then an other background process will start for downloading the images to your disk. You will see the progress on the right of the label "Download image" on the bottom right.

QuoteQuote:
It's very useful, considering that the official app has disappeared from the Android store.
Thank you and i also recognized, that the android app disapeared. Does anybody know why?

czielke
07-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by czielke Quote
Hi!

Thank you cozzykim for testing the program.

Hopefully you testet the Version 0.1.0.2, because there was a serious bug in the download image function in version 0.1.0.1.

I guess, you klicked on the progressbars in the statusline?!?!?
Did you recognized the second tab named "Photo". If you cklick there on the button named "Get file list" the treeview will be filled up with the images from your camera. This also starts a background process for downloading thumbnails. While downloading thumbnails you will see the progress beside the lable "Load thumbnails:.

If you check (mark) some (or all) files at the treeview and than klick on the button "Download files", you will be ask for a path an then an other background process will start for downloading the images to your disk. You will see the progress on the right of the label "Download image" on the bottom right.

Thank you and i also recognized, that the android app disapeared. Does anybody know why?

czielke
Don't worry, I have v 0.1.0.2

Thanks, I didn't realise that they're progress bars.

Yes, I used the second tab - "Photo" - and it works just fine, once I remembered to "Get file list" first every time I changed the contents of the card in the camera. I'm happy with that process.

I didn't see the progress bar working, maybe because I don't have many files on this card, as it's newly formatted for the camera that I only received today

Someone (edri) posted an explanation on the thread about the app:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/184-pentax-k-s1-k-s2/289816-pentax-k-s2-w...-sync-app.html

It looks like Ricoh found a potentially serious bug in the app and have withdrawn it pending a fix - due early this month according to edri's link.

I only have the one request, as I said before - Gimme a Linux version - pretty please?

07-08-2015, 02:56 AM   #53

Awesome!!!!!
I was so disappointed that Pentax had taken down the app. That made the whole wifi function of the camera not usable. But now you have put together this wonderful application. Thank you so much!
I am wondering, though - will this program run on a windows phone? Maybe wp10? Will it be difficult to translate this to a modern windows app?
As I am no programmer at all, is it possible to have like a simple url to navigate the browser to, to just have the camera shoot a picture? That way you can put a shortcut on your phone of any OS and simply use it as a remote control.
I tried the "http://192.168.0.1/v1/camera/shoot" and my phone started downloading some sort of JSON but then stopped with an error. So how do I have to put this?

Thank you for your help. And you should definitely consider selling your app to Pentax!
07-08-2015, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #54

Hi!
QuoteQuote:
I only have the one request, as I said before - Gimme a Linux version - pretty please?
More people asked for a linux version. Im able to wite commandline programs in C and Python and scripts in perl and bash, but i never wrote a Gui-App in linux. Maybe sometimes, if I'm 65 and ready for retirement, I will have enough time to give it a try. . Maybe my boss has a project for me sometimes, so I have to do it under Linux - but don't wait for it...... I've done some projects in javascript .... could be a solution too.....

QuoteOriginally posted by xqbzzr Quote
Awesome!!!!!
... thank you!

QuoteQuote:
I am wondering, though - will this program run on a windows phone? Maybe wp10?
I don't think so. dotnet is not dotnet. There are a lot of differences. Even the screen layout will not fit a phone-screen.

QuoteQuote:
Will it be difficult to translate this to a modern windows app?
the program will run even on windows 10, but your right: the look of the program is not up to date anymore. But it was the quickest way for me to get it functional. I also done some writing in WPF (Windows presentation foundation) projects, but the workflow is more complicated with WPF, so I decided to use Winforms.

QuoteQuote:
As I am no programmer at all, is it possible to have like a simple url to navigate the browser to, to just have the camera shoot a picture? That way you can put a shortcut on your phone of any OS and simply use it as a remote control.
I tried the "http://192.168.0.1/v1/camera/shoot" and my phone started downloading some sort of JSON but then stopped with an error.
The URL ist correct, but every browser sends a GET-Request to the webserver. What you need is a POST-Request. No way! If you save a html-file on your phone with some javascript in it this could work. Mayby a form-button can do the work to...I'm not sure.

QuoteQuote:
And you should definitely consider selling your app to Pentax!
... I'll think about it.... wait.......eeehhhhh.... NO!

czielke

Last edited by czielke; 07-08-2015 at 05:19 AM.
07-09-2015, 01:15 AM   #55

Hi!

I had tested the latest code of the app under linux. Test was done on Ubuntu 15.04, code from latest git commit was compiled in MonoDevelop with Release configuration.
Compilation logged only 12 warnings and most features of the app except liveview worked. When liveview was activated it triggered constant activation and deactivation of liveview in camera. When wrong ShootMode was selected and "Take a picture" was clicked app froze for a moment and then crashed.
Following features works without problem:
- get properties from camera,
- set properties to camera,
- take a picture in single shot mode without lifewiew,
- get list of photos from camera,
- get image from camera.

So, for app written in .NET without any tweaking it is quite usable under Linux.

Best regards
Petr Kouda
07-09-2015, 01:42 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Thanks very much for the app.
For me the "Camera" mode works ok, but in "Photo" mode I fail to see the pictures.
I tried it on an Asus T100 (Windows 8.1).
07-13-2015, 05:46 AM   #57

Hi!

Sorry for taking so long to answer, i was out for some days.
QuoteOriginally posted by petrkouda Quote
I had tested the latest code of the app under linux
thank you for that
When wrong ShootMode was selected and "Take a picture" was clicked app froze for a moment and then crashed
I will test this under Windows... could be the same there.
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
For me the "Camera" mode works ok, but in "Photo" mode I fail to see the pictures.
Maybe you can showing the log window by clicking on the "Bug" on the top right. If you then click on "Get file list" you should see the reason for failture.

Thanks to all of you

czielke

Last edited by czielke; 07-17-2015 at 03:12 AM.
07-18-2015, 03:37 AM   #58

Hi!
When wrong ShootMode was selected and "Take a picture" was clicked app froze for a moment and then crashed.
I have tested it, but it works under Windows. Sometimes it didn't take a picture and i didn't see the preview. I increased the http timeout from 3000ms to 5000ms and now I have no problems anymore.

czielke
07-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #59

Guys, it is very useful to operate the S2 remotely via a laptop. I am going to look into this android emulator story and see what I come up with if I am successful I will post my results. As far as using it with a smartphone goes, well I use a Blackberry Z10 and I am afraid that there are no apps to help me there unless someone out there is using a Z10 with their S2. I would love to know.
Thanks.
11-30-2015, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

After unsuccessfully attempting to get the iOS version of Image Sync to run on my Mac Book Air (I don't have a smartphone or tablet) I tried RGlasel's suggestion and downloaded an Android emulator (Bluestacks, found here http://www.bluestacks.com/ ). This time the app actually initialized, but after turning the camera's WiFi on, still no apparent connection. Nothing came up with the SSID, I couldn't enter the camera's password. I pressed the "Start without connection" just to see what would happen. Went to Tv and chose a shutter speed. Something went "click" inside my K-S2. Chose an aperture. Pressed the on-screen shutter release. KaChunk!. Success. Finally dummied up and chose the Live View option. Was able to play around with focus. Yahoo! I'm in the 21st Century! Next stop, the 23rd and-a-half century...

So for those of you still struggling, there may be hope. I just sort of blunder around and try stuff out. Sometimes, as in this instance, it works! Thanks to everyone-s suggestions on this thread, I was able to find a solution. If I can figure this stuff out, then you probably can too.

Last edited by Thagomizer; 11-30-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: change link