Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #1

K-S2 lens chart.

So I pulled the trigger on a new K-S2 and the UPS guy brought me a great present a few days later. While I was waiting I checked out eBay and craigslist for used Pentax lenses and boy are there a bunch of them out there, but I'm confused about all the different models. I already have three, thirty year old lenses and they work just fine on my K-S2, if by just fine you can accept the lack of auto-focus and aperture.

Some questions from a guy who last bought a lens for an SLR when Reagan was president:
  • Did any of the 35mm cameras from days past have auto-focus and aperture and will they work with the K-S2?
  • Is there a code or model designation that indicates which features a lens has?
I've noticed the folks with 35mm cameras are pretty much giving them away so I'm hoping that there are good auto-lenses out there to be had.

Oh and the bokeh from my old 50mm f/2.8 manual lens is awesome. Compared with second picture from the kit lens I can see the need for some speedy/spendy glass.

Attached Images

02-08-2016, 09:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JSI Quote
Did any of the 35mm cameras from days past have auto-focus and aperture and will they work with the K-S2?
Yup, quite a few. Look under the FA, F, and FA J series:

Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

QuoteOriginally posted by JSI Quote
Is there a code or model designation that indicates which features a lens has?
For the most part, yes. See:
Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

Here's a link to our new search system that lets you look for the features you are interested in:
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: