Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
07-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Win a Pentax eBook - Giveaway!

Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of four comprehensive Pentax eBooks for forum members! Each eBook goes in-depth on a specific camera model, and they are available for nearly every Pentax DSLR body. Our winners will be free to choose the eBook they would like. They will be picked at random from among those who reply to this thread.

--> Learn more about the Pentax eBooks on ebooks4cameras.com.

To enter, just reply to this thread with a link to the Pentax Forums tutorial, in-depth review, user review or user article that you've enjoyed the most or found the most helpful. Feel free to explore our resources while you're at it!

You can also enter to win two more eBooks on our homepage.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
To me, it's gotta be Heie's tutorial on handheld shooting stances... very original and to the point, definitely a must read!
Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds - Introduction - In-Depth Articles

Last edited by LensBeginner; 08-03-2015 at 05:09 AM. Reason: mobile keypad madness... :-/
07-27-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I'm with LensBeginner. The handheld tutorial has to be among the best there is. Comprehensive and thorough, covering everything.

07-27-2015, 12:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, its kind of hard to pick, there are a number of outstanding articles.

I'm picking this one: Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 Review - Conclusion | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Simply because it does a great job of putting the lens strengths and weaknesses in context (its been slammed often enough for its weak corner sharpness but it has quite a number of strengths too).

Runners up:
* The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount. I now actually understand the mount!
* The Sigma 18-35 review. Epic content and highlighted the AF issue with the lens (although apparently not a problem for all copies).

07-27-2015, 01:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have to agree with LensBeginner here.
Although I'm sure there are many other excellent articles in the database, but I just haven't gotten around to reading them all yet.
07-27-2015, 01:08 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

There are many goo reads on this forum. It is a hard selection, but I genuinely enjoyed this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/93714-field-view-...d-645-6x7.html
07-27-2015, 01:51 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was going to say: Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds - Introduction - In-Depth Articles because I love reading Heie's articles but since a lot of people already mentioned it I am going to go with The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

07-27-2015, 02:12 AM   #8
Pentaxian

The "DA lenses on Full Frame: Test Shots thread" article/thread will be very useful when the FF model eventually materialises.
07-27-2015, 02:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I'd choose : Metz 52 AF-1 Flash Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
very easy for me to follow and get the best out of the flash
07-27-2015, 04:50 AM   #10
Pentaxian

that really helped... Catch-in-Focus Tutorial - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
07-27-2015, 05:18 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway (...)
Thanks to Yvon Bourque (not Borque) for sponsoring this giveaway.

I would definitely recommend The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com and https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html
07-27-2015, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #12

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/33853-charts-aut...#ixzz3h5uipUjW

This has helped me more to understand my lenses than anything else the charts are great and free I like free knowledge.
07-27-2015, 06:15 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Comprehensive Pentax Flash Guide

There have been so many great articles, guides, reviews that it is hard to pick just one. Alex Jansen's tutorial on hand holding is a classic. However, the recent Flash Guide was unexpected, really helpful and extremely well done. So I vote for it.

Comprehensive Pentax Flash Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
07-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #14
Pentaxian

When I bought my first DSLR, my Pentax K10D (still have, still shooting with it) I bought Yvon Bourque's book on the K10D. I learned a lot from that tome and still have it and still refer to it. Well written.
07-27-2015, 07:17 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Forum member Yvon Borque (ebooks4pentax) has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of two comprehensive Pentax eBooks for forum members! Each eBook goes in-depth on a specific camera model, and they are available for nearly every Pentax DSLR body. Our winners will be free to choose the eBook they would like. They will be picked at random from among those who reply to this thread.

--> Learn more about the Pentax eBooks on ebooks4cameras.com.

To enter, just reply to this thread with a link to the Pentax Forums tutorial, in-depth review, user review or user article that you've enjoyed the most or found the most helpful. Feel free to explore our resources while you're at it!

You can also enter to win two more eBooks on our homepage.
I bought a Q-7 in December, partly for the purpose of using it with one of my existing telephoto lenses to provide a good birding camera. I spent the winter taking pictures of birds around our backyard feeder while convincing myself that none of my current lenses was up to the task. I used this collection of user reviews to pick a new lens that can do the job (within the limits of my budget, of course).
Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
Closed Thread